Springfield SOCOM - where to find in Houston

Discussion in 'Rifles' started by 40Arpent, Dec 22, 2008.

1. 40Arpent

40Arpent TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Before I start calling/driving everywhere under the Houston sun, does anybody know which dealer(s) might have a fairly-priced SOCOM in stock?

Thanks,

Pete

2. kawi jm

kawi jm Member

Oct 12, 2008
    Pruitts (sp?)....MAYBE

You looking for a SOCOM 16 or a SOCOM II?

3. TxShooter

TxShooter Member

Mar 16, 2008
    Houston Metro Area
    The Arms Room

The Arms Room in League City had a Socom II in last time I was in the door.

4. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    SOCOM II, sorry. In my original post, I should have stated "Except for Pruett's" because he has lost my business. But thanks for the response, J.

Thanks, Shooter, I'll give them a call.

5. kawi jm

kawi jm Member

Oct 12, 2008
    wow not to completely stir up chit, but what happened? I've never bought anything from them. PM me if you don't want to spread bad joo joo.

John

6. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Man, you ought to know me better than to think I might be afraid to open my mouth in public. :hammerhead:

Besides high prices even well before the election, and employees who take advantage of newbies, especially women (seen it firsthand on more than one occassion), it really chapped my ass when he announced on radio that "Everyone knows that the AR15 is THE best weapon for home defense." He did this during an interview with a news reporter who was asking him how the election will impact gun sales, and he did it solely to add to the "frenzy" so as to boost his profits.

7. iratollah

iratollah Active Member

May 25, 2008
    Pre-frenzy I believe I saw a SOCOM at Sog Armory.

Pruett's character of word and his personal ethics were questionable prior to his opening a gun store. Never been in his shop and have zero interest in going there.

8. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks for the leads, fellas.

9. 40Arpent

Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Both of the recommended stores had sold theirs, but with a stroke of luck, I found one at Carter's Country. When I had called the Carter's on I-10, they told me they didn't have one, and that none of their other stores did either. On Saturday, I decided to give the gun show at the GRB a try. Only one SOCOM II in the whole show, for sale at a ridiculous price by an individual. On my way home, I stopped at the I-10 Carter's to ask them about ordering one. Short story long, the salesman checked their inventory and discovered one at their SW Frwy store. The price was competitive, so I'll have it in my hands on Tuesday when it arrives at the I-10 store. :happy0001:

10. picketeer

picketeer New Member

Jul 26, 2008
    NorthCentralTexas

Pic please! :lolz: