• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Before I start calling/driving everywhere under the Houston sun, does anybody know which dealer(s) might have a fairly-priced SOCOM in stock?

Thanks,

Pete

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Pruitts (sp?)....MAYBE

You looking for a SOCOM 16 or a SOCOM II?

SOCOM II, sorry. In my original post, I should have stated "Except for Pruett's" because he has lost my business. But thanks for the response, J.

Thanks, Shooter, I'll give them a call.

kawi jm

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    SOCOM II, sorry. In my original post, I should have stated "Except for Pruett's" because he has lost my business. But thanks for the response, J.

Thanks, Shooter, I'll give them a call.

wow not to completely stir up chit, but what happened? I've never bought anything from them. PM me if you don't want to spread bad joo joo.

John

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Man, you ought to know me better than to think I might be afraid to open my mouth in public.

Besides high prices even well before the election, and employees who take advantage of newbies, especially women (seen it firsthand on more than one occassion), it really chapped my ass when he announced on radio that "Everyone knows that the AR15 is THE best weapon for home defense." He did this during an interview with a news reporter who was asking him how the election will impact gun sales, and he did it solely to add to the "frenzy" so as to boost his profits.

iratollah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2008
    Pre-frenzy I believe I saw a SOCOM at Sog Armory.

Pruett's character of word and his personal ethics were questionable prior to his opening a gun store. Never been in his shop and have zero interest in going there.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Both of the recommended stores had sold theirs, but with a stroke of luck, I found one at Carter's Country. When I had called the Carter's on I-10, they told me they didn't have one, and that none of their other stores did either. On Saturday, I decided to give the gun show at the GRB a try. Only one SOCOM II in the whole show, for sale at a ridiculous price by an individual. On my way home, I stopped at the I-10 Carter's to ask them about ordering one. Short story long, the salesman checked their inventory and discovered one at their SW Frwy store. The price was competitive, so I'll have it in my hands on Tuesday when it arrives at the I-10 store.

ronc0011

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    When I bought my M1A I found it on GunBroker.com and it turned out that the dealer was fountainview arms (I think that’s right) located way out on the southwest side of town. But I got a pretty good price on it. They list them about $100 cheaper online than they do in the store.

I bid on it online and then just went in and made the actual purchase.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Thanks guys, but post #9 explains that I was able to locate one a few weeks back. Picketeer was just messing with me when he resurrected this thread.

awmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2008
    I hope you like your socom as much as I like my Scout that I recently purchased, great rifle.

Texshooter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Houston, TX
    Carter's Country carries both the SOCCOM I & II. Lately they can't keep'em in stock. They go out the front door as soon as they come in the back door.

Tex

Fisherman777

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    45R
    What are the differences between the SOCCOM and a GI issue M1A with wooden furniture? I'd like to find the latter.

Nate C

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2008
    Black Cat Ridge
    The M1A is an incredible rifle. I am really surprised that they aren't more popular than the AR15 platform.

I wonder if that is because they never show any M1A's on television or in the movies...

Top Bottom