• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Shot one of these the other day and I was waffling between the M&P and the XD of which one would be my new sub 9 mil and oh dear christ. I haven't shot the M&P yet but the feel of the XD the accessory kit and the consistency and the accuracy of the XD is unreal. I shot a buddy's and emptied the mag in a little under a minute with a 2 1/2" group at 7 yards. I was duely impressed. I can't wait to add this to my gallery.
    Capitol Armory ad

TxPhantom

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Frisco, Texas
    Both the XD and the MP's are very good weapons. My experience is with my MP 9c. I love this little pistol! Great ergonomics, very accurate considering the barrel length and very dependable. I have three MP's, a 9c, a full sized 40 caliber and my favorite range pistol is my MP 9 Pro.
    My 1st choice would be a MP but you can't go wrong with either of these two compacts, just look for the best deal.
    Lots of good info here; [URL="http://mp-pistol.com/boards/index.php?showforum=38"][url]http://mp-pistol.com/boards/index.php?showforum=38[/URL][/URL]

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    thanks picked up the xd this weekend just because of the different triggers and i loved the smoother trigger on the xd and oh dear god... I love it... the gun groups like the best of them and for a subcompact has little felt recoil and an amazingly small muzzle climb... i'm looking at buying the full size or the compact later as a range/office/car/home weapon because this one fits so smoothly in a pancake holster in the small of my back... is it true that the 16-round magazines of full size ones can be used in the sub-compact as well?

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    I love my XD9 Service, carry it every day in a comp-tac holster. You can go one further (actually two) on the magazines and get the mec-gar 18 rounders, order an extra sleeve or two and run all day.....

PopsXD9sc

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Longview
    Did your new 9sc come with the "new" 13 rd mag? Noticed on XDTalk that they are selling like hot cakes. I have a 9sc and have been using the XD40sc 9 rd mags in it since it was new; hold 13 9 mm's and same length as the stock 9mm mag. Sure makes it easy to conceal without the LONG 16 rounders. Know you will love the new gun; it gets better after a few rounds are run through it and you get used to the trigger pull. Congrats.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I got one of the 13 round mags but I didn't know that they had come out with these yet and so when I bought another spare at McBride's I ended up with a 10... Oh well though... with all three mags it is damn near 40 rounds at the range before I have to reload... That 16 round mag is strictly a range mag for me... I prefer the feel of those shorter mags with a Pearce grip extension... It just seems to console your hand in it and your pinky gets this nice little recliner to rest on while you cap off rounds... I love it... I can't wait to pick up some more of those beautiful 13 round mags though...

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Dont know if you are refering to the 16 rounders or 18 rounders as "long" but the 18 round mec gars are a flush fit in a service XD which means with the sleeve on it it should be a flush fit (full size grip) on the SC as well...

Top Bottom