Lynx Defense

DEAL ENDED Springfield XD Mod.2 .45acp 3.3" Black w/ Gear (San Antonio)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I may know a potential buyer, he's also active duty and just PCS'd to San Antonio but doesn't have a LTC.

How fixed are you on that point?

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    I'm willing to give him 10% ($35) given he's a service member.

I will meet him inside his base and need to see his CAC since without a LTC, I can't check his background. For transaction, we will do it outside.

Anyone here has done transactions with people who don't have LTC? Did you all go to a dealer for a background check?
    Background checks for a person to person private sale doesn't require a background check.

If you personally want one, that's your choice.

I'm only posting here because you asked the question. Not trying to break any rules.

Edit* in the state of Texas between 2 Texans. It's not a sale that crosses state lines. So federal laws don't apply. FFLs have to follow federal laws.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

jmtskyway

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    San Antonio
    Background checks for a person to person private sale doesn't require a background check.

If you personally want one, that's your choice.

I'm only posting here because you asked the question. Not trying to break any rules.

Edit* in the state of Texas between 2 Texans. It's not a sale that crosses state lines. So federal laws don't apply. FFLs have to follow federal laws.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

Thanks for your response. Service members like us most likely don't even change our driver's license until it is about to expire to the state where we're stationed.

The potential buyer member is a service member and moved here recently. I never did any transactions with anyone either had no LTC or not classified as a resident of the local state in respect of federal/state laws, thus the question was posted asking for advise.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I'm willing to give him 10% ($35) given he's a service member.

I will meet him inside his base and need to see his CAC since without a LTC, I can't check his background. For transaction, we will do it outside.

Anyone here has done transactions with people who don't have LTC? Did you all go to a dealer for a background check?

You realize it is against JBSA regulations to carry privately-owned firearms on any installation unless living in government housing. authorized hunting or using a shooting range (Camp Bullis has the only one I am aware of)?

There is now a program which allows Active Duty Military, Guard/Reserve on Active Duty Orders or an employed Department of Defense Civilian employee to transport a Privately Owned Firearm (POF) onto JBSA in a concealed carry configuration and store their weapon in their Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) under approved conditions while on JBSA after receiving permission from their unit commander and the 502d Security Forces Group Commander.

https://www.jbsa.mil/Portals/102/Do... Firearms Policy and Supporting Documents.pdf

I would highly recommend you research Texas law on private firearm sales. You can also search this forum for numerous threads on the topic.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Thanks for your response. Service members like us most likely don't even change our driver's license until it is about to expire to the state where we're stationed.

The potential buyer member is a service member and moved here recently. I never did any transactions with anyone either had no LTC or not classified as a resident of the local state in respect of federal/state laws, thus the question was posted asking for advise.

You also need to research Texas laws on military person stationed in the state. They are residents. He owns a home here and has a vehicle registered in the state. He has the same rights to purchase firearms as any other resident!

While on active duty, I had a Texas drivers license with a Florida address on it.

jmtskyway

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    San Antonio
    You realize it is against JBSA regulations to carry privately-owned firearms on any installation unless living in government housing. authorized hunting or using a shooting range (Camp Bullis has the only one I am aware of)?

There is now a program which allows Active Duty Military, Guard/Reserve on Active Duty Orders or an employed Department of Defense Civilian employee to transport a Privately Owned Firearm (POF) onto JBSA in a concealed carry configuration and store their weapon in their Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) under approved conditions while on JBSA after receiving permission from their unit commander and the 502d Security Forces Group Commander.

https://www.jbsa.mil/Portals/102/Documents/Resources/JBSA Privately Owned Firearms Policy and Supporting Documents.pdf

I would highly recommend you research Texas law on private firearm sales. You can also search this forum for numerous threads on the topic.

I never stated in anywhere I would conduct a firearm on government installation.
    You might need to read my post again. In fact, I can (with approval) have my privately own firearm, locked in box in my POV with me upon entering JBSA. I only need to declare it at the gate.

jmtskyway

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    San Antonio
    You also need to research Texas laws on military person stationed in the state. They are residents. He owns a home here and has a vehicle registered in the state. He has the same rights to purchase firearms as any other resident!

While on active duty, I had a Texas drivers license with a Florida address on it.

I'm aware of these laws in Texas. This is the reason why:
    - I don't do any transaction with anyone who is not a Texas resident AND does not have a LTC (for my own records).
    - I need to verify his active duty status by a) meeting him inside an government installation and see his military ID.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I'm aware of these laws in Texas. This is the reason why:
    - I don't do any transaction with anyone who is not a Texas resident AND does not have a LTC (for my own records).
    - I need to verify his active duty status by a) meeting him inside a government installation and see his military ID.
    As federal property, It’s a felony to enter a military base with a firearm unless you live on that base or are one of a very few non-LEO exceptions.

How long have you been in? Not long apparently…

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I never stated in anywhere I would conduct a firearm on government installation.
    You might need to read my post again. In fact, I can (with approval) have my privately own firearm, locked in box in my POV with me upon entering JBSA. I only need to declare it at the gate.
    Forget about it, there's much easier ways to purchase a firearm. Good luck with the sale!

jmtskyway

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    San Antonio
    As federal property, It’s a felony to enter a military base with a firearm unless you live on that base or are one of a very few non-LEO exceptions.

How long have you been in? Not long apparently…

You seem to have the habit of underestimating others. I've been in in for >10 yrs.
    The item is sold!

Effective 1 January 2022, eligible and qualified members of the Joint Base San Antonio community will be authorized to transport a Privately Owned Firearm (POF) onto JBSA in a concealed carry configuration and store their weapon in their Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) under approved conditions while on JBSA. No person participating in this program or any other program or status outside of authorized government use will be authorized to carry a concealed weapon into any JBSA facility (owned or leased) at any time or under any circumstance.

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    You seem to have the habit of underestimating others. I've been in in for >10 yrs.
    The item is sold!

Effective 1 January 2022, eligible and qualified members of the Joint Base San Antonio community will be authorized to transport a Privately Owned Firearm (POF) onto JBSA in a concealed carry configuration and store their weapon in their Privately Owned Vehicle (POV) under approved conditions while on JBSA. No person participating in this program or any other program or status outside of authorized government use will be authorized to carry a concealed weapon into any JBSA facility (owned or leased) at any time or under any circumstance.

Congratulations on selling the gun.

I know all about that program. I looked into it a couple years back when it was implemented. Yeah, I work on JBSA too, since PCSing here in 2008.

But that isn’t about toting any gun any time in base…you have to jump through a lot of hoops and you have to declare your specific carry gun. And when on base, the gun must be locked in your vehicle.

Good luck with your PCS. Sorry I came out harshly.

jmtskyway

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    San Antonio
    Congratulations on selling the gun.

I know all about that program. I looked into it a couple years back when it was implemented. Yeah, I work on JBSA too, since PCSing here in 2008.

But that isn’t about toting any gun any time in base…you have to jump through a lot of hoops and you have to declare your specific carry gun. And when on base, the gun must be locked in your vehicle.

Good luck with your PCS. Sorry I came out harshly.

I understand brother.

Instructions in the military change constantly. I never said I would conduct a firearm on base.

I did mention I could go into the base with my firearm locked in a box and in my POV with permissions. However, it's just you and your friend quickly jumped on and qouted lots of rules and regulations which are no longer in effect.

Best wishes!

Top Bottom