• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DrBart2

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    I have two XD40 subcompacts (one for me and one for my wife for CC), an XD 45 5"barrel, and today bought myself a 4" XD9 for my birthday. That ought to tell you what I think of the Springfield XD line! I also own some revolvers and other brands of semi-auto pistols, but I am a BIG fan of the XD Springfield guns!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Check with Sporting Arms for pricing as well. There's not really a lot of room for big discounts on the XD's, but they'll get you a great price, although they are here in Texas (down the road from me in Lewisville) so you'll still have taxes.

Seems like they quoted me in the $475 range for a .45. Even other online dealers were in the low to mid $500 range. I could have saved $50 or so at least.

Duman44

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Houston
    Late to the party. Just wanted to let you know that i use my XD40 subcompact as my truck gun. It rides with the 12 round clip with space adapter inserted and the 8 round (I think) mag close by.

When I get out to go into a convenience store (better known as a stop and rob in this area), I swap mags and drop it in my front pocket to be my "go to" instead of the Bersa thats riding in a pancake at the small of my back. I always feel like

On a buying note-I got this about a year ago. I was going to buy a new one and my gun contact at the pawn shop called and said he had a trade in that had all the goodies for $50 off new price. At that time they were selling for $425 new.

One thing to watch if you use it as a truck or carry gun. The slide does not have the same finish as a Glock and will rust. I oil it at least once a month, because the the matte black finish, you don't see the rust start, just when it starts to brown.

TXB4Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    One thing to watch if you use it as a truck or carry gun. The slide does not have the same finish as a Glock and will rust. I oil it at least once a month, because the the matte black finish, you don't see the rust start, just when it starts to brown.

The newer model Xd's are supposed to have a different type of finish on the slide to prevent this from happening. Only time will tell if the new finish holds up.

Top Bottom