• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I was at the local store gassing for some new iron for carry and I came across the Springfield arms. Since I'm a 1911 kind of guy, I zeroed(no pun intended:D)in on a nice little Enhanced Micro Pistol(EMP) and they had it priced for $699. To my dismay, it's only available in .40 or 9mm. I then spied the XD Compact in .45 ACP. It was a beauty, but still a bit big for concealed carry. Since I have TONS of .45 ammo, I was going to stick to a .45, but then there it was. The Springfield XD Subcompact. Even though the grip is a bit wider because of the double stacked magazine, it was considerably shorter and with only a 3" bbl, this is exactly what I was looking for. So now, have no problem with buying some .40 ammo but now I'm considering price.

That gun is over 6 bills here and I know that's overpriced because he always is. If you know, what are they going for in your area? What are your experiences with this gun? Since the grip is considerably shorter than my Gov't 1911, are there control problems? Does it carry well?
    Texas SOT

TXB4Z

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    Austin, Tx
    There is a guy that comes to the gun show here in Austin that usually has them for around $475 and i believe MSRP on that gun is about $500. I would shop around, $700 for that gun is way too much.

On a side note I'll be picking up a XD-40 sub compact soon for conceal carry in the summer. My Service model is a little big for summer.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I know I've seen some decent prices at Saxet the last couple times I've been, though I can't remember if it was XD40's or 45's I saw. Also, you might keep your eyes out on some gun auction sites like the following as you can usually find some good deals:

http://www.gunbroker.com/
    http://www.auctionarms.com/
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/

It seems the XD 45 subcompact is kind of hard to find anywhere except new from a retailer just judging by what I've seen on those auction sites. I know you said you want to stick with 45acp, but you might consider going with a XD40 SC. I understand the whole bigger is better thing, and I have a 45acp gun myself though 40sw is still a decent caliber and ultimately shot placement and ammo quality is a bit more important in my opinion. It appears the XD40 SC's are quite a bit easier to find and for quite a bit less than $600. Here's a couple I found that are in Texas:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=93096526
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/97515344...d-Armory-Pistols/XD/XD9802HCSP06_3_40_S_W.htm

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    It seems the XD 45 subcompact is kind of hard to find anywhere except new from a retailer just judging by what I've seen on those auction sites. I know you said you want to stick with 45acp, but you might consider going with a XD40 SC. I understand the whole bigger is better thing, and I have a 45acp gun myself though 40sw is still a decent caliber and ultimately shot placement and ammo quality is a bit more important in my opinion. It appears the XD40 SC's are quite a bit easier to find and for quite a bit less than $600. Here's a couple I found that are in Texas:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=93096526
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/97515344...d-Armory-Pistols/XD/XD9802HCSP06_3_40_S_W.htm

I was referring to the .40 Subcompact and I didn't know they made a .45 Subcompact. I know there's a .45 Compact

Edit: According to the Springfield website, the subcompact is only available in the 9mm or .40.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    No ****, there's a couple on GB right now that are all fetching $900+. $699 is a steal for an EMP. That's tempting, very tempting....where was this at?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ah, I just checked that and your right they only make the XD SC in 9mm and .40. That's why it was so hard to find! ;)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    BTW....I have a 4" XD45 and love it. I meant to comment on how good of a pistol it's been, but got caught up on the $699 EMP.:D

mattATX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    I got my XD SC 40 at cabellas. I'm sure I overpaid but I fell in love with the gun and wanted it on the spot. Paid 565.00 brand new. Taxes always adds on more but I like the gun so no biggie.

Hobie Dog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    San Marcos, Texas
    I bought my son and XD for college graduation. I'm considering another for myself. Cabella's has some good prices when they run sales. Just have to watch. The XD usually comes with extra clips, holster, speed loader, etc. A great deal that they throw in.

XDguy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Irving, TX
    No experience with the 40, but I do carry an XD9sc. Paid $480. I'm guessing the 40 is in the same ballpark.

My XD is very easy to conceal, and VERY VERY VERY reliable.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    No experience with the 40, but I do carry an XD9sc. Paid $480. I'm guessing the 40 is in the same ballpark.

My XD is very easy to conceal, and VERY VERY VERY reliable.

That's exactly what I'm looking for; concealability and realiability. Either an XD or even a 1911 Commander although the XD's a lot cheaper.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    +1 on the XD.My buddy has one that we shot this last weekend.The grips feel better than my Glock.I was realy impressed by the XD.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I kinda like that taurus 27/7

Those are nice, but man, I just can't seem to get into the Taurus autos. I've heard so many mixed reviews about them from don't bet your life on them, to pretty good and, still, no problem with them at all. OTOH, I've heard nothing but praise about their revolvers. Still, I wouldn't mind having one just for sh%$s and giggles.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom