• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    I stopped in Academy today and made my usual walkthrough to see what guns were on sale. I happened to see an XD SC on sale for 379. I bought one a year ago for 500, so I figured I might as well have 2 now.

When I got home I noticed Springfield did a very smart thing, an omission. I won't say what it was, as the pictures speak for themselves. I will say I am very happy to know they actually listen to their customers.

The older XD is on the right. It has a little more than 500 rounds through it and the one on the left has 0. I love the build quality of these pistols. If the slide and barrel weren't labeled with the gun's serial number, I would have accidentally switched them.

20181107_185743.jpg
    20181107_183103.jpg
    20181107_182832.jpg

Attachments

• 20181107_182739.jpg
      20181107_182739.jpg
      1.2 MB · Views: 299

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Someday it will be collectors item or just laughed at. “Dude remember when they made the grip zooooone”?!

I’ll rock that grip zone. Someday I want a snakeskin 1911, too.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    Grip Zone is probably why I haven’t bought another one. How insulting. It’s worse than printing “read owner’s manual...” on the gun.

What’s next “Ammo Holder” on all of the mags or “finger zone” on the trigger!

To quote my friend Forest, “Gay is as Gay does”

Reactions: MTA
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas
    Grip Zone is probably why I haven’t bought another one. How insulting. It’s worse than printing “read owner’s manual...” on the gun.

I love the "read owner's manual" on guns almost as much as I love when Taurus puts their name on every square inch of their pistols. Of course, the new ones aren't as bad.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas

An ammo brand called varmint zone, would be cool.

I’m using your friends quote, also

BuzzinSATX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    New Braunfels
    I stopped in Academy today and made my usual walkthrough to see what guns were on sale. I happened to see an XD SC on sale for 379. I bought one a year ago for 500, so I figured I might as well have 2 now.

When I got home I noticed Springfield did a very smart thing, an omission. I won't say what it was, as the pictures speak for themselves. I will say I am very happy to know they actually listen to their customers.

The older XD is on the right. It has a little more than 500 rounds through it and the one on the left has 0. I love the build quality of these pistols. If the slide and barrel weren't labeled with the gun's serial number, I would have accidentally switched them.

View attachment 153466 View attachment 153467 View attachment 153468

Make sure you get your extra magazines!

https://www.springfield-armory.com/allxdgearup/

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2018
    East Texas

Did that 5 minutes after i bought the pistol. They had the same promotion when I bought my first one also. I think I'll have a total of 10 magazines when I'm done.

It's funny how most manufacturers act like their magazines are made of gold and here SA is throwing them at people.

Top Bottom