• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Is Sprouts the one that used to be Sun Harvest, I think near I-10 and 410? If so, that is garbage and will continue to go to HEB. If you can't carry at the grocery store, where can you carry? It seems that more and more of my life is now spent at one those bastards.
    Guns International

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Is Sprouts the one that used to be Sun Harvest, I think near I-10 and 410? If so, that is garbage and will continue to go to HEB. If you can't carry at the grocery store, where can you carry? It seems that more and more of my life is now spent at one those bastards.

On Callaghan? Yeah, I believe that's them. They also have stores on 281 near 1604 and one on Nacogdoches and 410.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    It is a grocery store, but they like to promote a "hip" image by calling it a farmer's market. It's nothing like a traditional farmer's market...

Ahhh! Kinda like the organic crap the dykes are selling downtown! !

Yeah, not a traditional farmers market. We got both kinds here.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Boycott Sprouts Farmers Market!

I love organic free range foods and eat them as much as possible.

Ya know, deer, dove, catfish, home grown beef....

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Where do they post 30.06? I shop at Sprouts for certain things, and I have yet to ever see a 30.06 sign at any of the locations I've gone to.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

Well, believe it or not I do eat as much local grown, organic and free range as I can.

The things that big industry does to our food infuriates me.

/ConAgra /Tyson /General Mills /Cargill

Currently looking for a good raw milk source in my area.

I'm not against GMO except when it comes to our food. I think it is great for industries like cotton (and yes I am aware that some cotton products make their way into the food supply). Dairy has been raped over and again by hormone modification to the point it has created a complete change in puberty age in children (which creates social and developmental problems).

The things we eat, and the lab created additives really are what we are.

I opt out of it every chance I get.

Not being preachy, I have more of a Laissez-faire attitude when it comes to the gastronomical choices others make. Just sayin' that not everyone who goes free range/organic is a dirty, hemp sandal wearing hippy.

Some of them are boot wearing, gun carrying, flag waving, liberal infuriating conservatives.

Last edited:

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    The Sprouts in McKinney was not 30.06d the last time I was there.

I'm pretty familiar with this type of thing. Probably what happened is the company has a written policy (primarily for employees) against carrying firearms in the store. This is mainly, I would imagine, for legal or insurance purposes and it goes unenforced for the most part company-wide, most managers and employees not having a problem with CC customers, You might have had an over-zealous, anti-gunner manager at this location learn of the Texas requirement for the proper sign and decide to have it posted . This inconsistent enforcement of company policies has gotten people killed, like Erik Scott at the Costco in Las Vegas. I would avoid Sprouts, as well as Costco, at all costs.

Thegomezclan

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 2, 2010
    Kerrville Tx
    I go to sprouts all the time, called and talked the manager and he said that was their new policy. He also told me that he didn't agree with it asked if I would let sprouts know that I was not happy about the policy and was hopeful that if enough people voiced their dislike of the policy that it would change. Told him that I would email them and also that until they change it I won't be spending any more money with them. He was very understanding and was sorry to loose a customer.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

As much as the thought is nice, I wish to have my rights respected and will give others the same respect, even if I disagree.

Luckily I don't shop there anyways so I'm not gonna miss out on much.

ares338

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2011
    Paris, Texas
    I really haven't encountered too many 30.06 signs but when I do...I just leave. Later I email then and respectfully tell them why they have lost my business until they remove said sign. I realize they probably don't care about a single complaint but I do it anyway. There are plenty of stores around that aren't operated by liberals and THAT'S where I go.

BigBoss0311

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    McKinney, TX
    Just an update on this there is a thread on this on arfcom as well. There is a good post with a copy/paste statement that you can email or post on their facebook. However, one of the members has gotten a reply from Sprouts' CS stating this:

Dear, XXXXX

Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas about our decision to prohibit firearms in our stores. Please understand that we recognize and respect our customers’ rights under the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, a right that prohibits the government (but not private retailers) from infringing on citizens’ right to bear arms.
    That right, however, must be balanced with our need as a retailer to address concerns of a majority of our customers and team members. That's why, after careful and thoughtful analysis, we have decided to prohibit our customers and our team members from bringing firearms onto our store premises.
    While this decision may disappoint some of our valued customers, such as yourself, we stand by our decision and have received overwhelmingly positive feedback from our communities about it.

Susan Cameron

Customer Relations Manager
    11811 N Tatum Blvd Suite #2400
    Phoenix,AZ 85028
    Direct 480-385-2341
    4j1aeK6KicnlTj8iTsG7sV4Cog2-sXk-UP7x6a5cwezW0S7vvwgr1zHqvQnfAzWaTvcJCgQCkLnQ4KWkt8OT7bktprcX2-X1E89VWt9IAKaGM2fSpvfeFCvhTmoq2lVEOUMyYbhMErd8cN5WKMapCLsxA9z5qkK3j22mkSbGI7E=s0-d-e1-ft

In other words, go f- yourselves. So yuppieville (Whole Foods) and Central Market (a better store in my opinion) will now be getting my money for groceries. I sent in the copy/paste message to their CS expressing my disgust. For those interested, here is a link to the arfcom post and the statement:

Sprouts - 30.06 Signage - Page 1 - AR15.COM

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Never seen the 30.06 sign at costco, and we go to new one in Sugarland ever other week

Never been to sprouts prob not going either

posted from my couch!

Top Bottom