Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    NoGunsNoMoney-Variety.gif

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Kinda like the organic crap the dykes are selling down town..

Sheesh pard, buy you books, send you to school.

Stay with me here.. change organic crap to "grown with out dangerous stuff like...clean water /Dykes to "humans favorng another type of sexuality"..

And down town to.. urban area fall of 'diverse' personalitys.. Got a work with me a little.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I love Sprouts Market. Great fresh food and selections you can't get in most grocery stores.

Stopped in today to pick up some yogurt and a few other items and it's the first time I noticed a big old 30.06 sign at the front door. WTF? I wasn't carrying as I just came from the gym, but it still took me by surprise.

It's their right to post that, and I'm not sure I'll completely boycott them, but I'm disappointed.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    We discussed this recently. They have been spoken to about it politely and rationally several times; the answer is and shall remain "No."

I'm not an organic guy but if I were I think I'd rather sprout my own sprouts and Sprouts can sprout out of town.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    You can still carry where the 30.06 sign is posted. If they "happen" to see your carrying, they can throw you out for nothing more than trespass.

I would not sweat it.

mantawolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2011
    Lowry Crossing
    I would sweat it. They posted legal notification and you violating that is criminal trespass. They can the police, you can be arrested, and you will goto trial.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    You can still carry where the 30.06 sign is posted. If they "happen" to see your carrying, they can throw you out for nothing more than trespass.

I would not sweat it.

Completely wrong and advice that can get a person arrested. Carrying past a properly posted and complaint 30.06 sign is a class A misdemeanor. No one has to tell you to leave first. If they suspect you of carry they can call the police, and the police will arrest you for violation of penal code 30.06 on the spot.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    OK on a more serious note, there was a time when if I saw a 30.06 sign, I would secure handgun in car and bring in KelTec Sub 2000 Rifle in backpack. But I have not seen a 30.06 sign in a decade or more in any place I needed to be so I no longer do that.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Completely wrong and advice that can get a person arrested. Carrying past a properly posted and complaint 30.06 sign is a class A misdemeanor. No one has to tell you to leave first. If they suspect you of carry they can call the police, and the police will arrest you for violation of penal code 30.06 on the spot.

Thank you.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011

I would not sweat it.

Don't forget your counterfeit 100s when shopping too. Go big or go home.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Where do they post 30.06? I shop at Sprouts for certain things, and I have yet to ever see a 30.06 sign at any of the locations I've gone to.
    I had been to the one on Great Hills several times and never saw a 30.06 sign, but I tried to goto the one in Round Rock and that one is posted. I turned around and left... Haven't been inside any Sprouts since.

They call it "concealed carry" ​for a reason.
    I agree, but I don't want to spend my money at a place that I'm not welcome.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I had been to the one on Great Hills several times and never saw a 30.06 sign, but I tried to goto the one in Round Rock and that one is posted. I turned around and left... Haven't been inside any Sprouts since.

I agree, but I don't want to spend my money at a place that I'm not welcome.

Yeah. What sucks is there is some stuff there that my wife really likes, and it's very close to us, so I'm kind of obligated to go ever so often. It's less than optimal but, I at least always have my fixed blade on me and am not afraid to party! :-)

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Yeah. What sucks is there is some stuff there that my wife really likes, and it's very close to us, so I'm kind of obligated to go ever so often. It's less than optimal but, I at least always have my fixed blade on me and am not afraid to party! :-)

I preferred Sprouts over Whole Foods. Ive been to the one near the Arboretum, don't recall a sign either.

That's it! Growing my own vegetables!

hard eight

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2013
    Richardson
    Visited the new Alamo Draught House theater in my area of N TX . No posting of concealed handgun restrictions.

Sent from my ME172V using Tapatalk

JHP

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2014
    While I respect that Texas law states that Sprouts, or any business, has a right to prohibit concealed carry, I don't agree with that position. When the Jim Crowe laws that prohibited blacks from certain business establishments (or mandated where blacks could sit when visiting that establishment) came under attack, the courts, and the court of public opinion, stated that a business open to the public must be open and equally welcoming to ALL of the public. It is wrong, our society decided, to prohibit blacks, or any other population group, from entering a business that was open to the public.

Philosophically, I draw a distinction between a private property owner (e.g., a homeowner) and a business establishment. An owner of a property that is not a business that's open to the public has the absolute right to prohibit anyone from the premises, whereas, a business owner assumes certain restrictions on his property rights when he operates a business.

When an establishment is open to the public, I think a business owner's rights should be limited to ejecting any specific individual who, in the business owner's opinion, is acting in an inappropriate manner. Denying access unilaterally to any law-abiding group, should not be allowed.

(Oh, and I love farmer's markets and I'm the furthest thing from a hippie freak. I just like fresh, non-GMO foods, produced in a more healthful manner and purchased directly from the people that produce them.)

Last edited:
    Top Bottom