• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SapperMapper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Killeen
    We've got a lot of squirrels around our property. Lately they've been spotted in the peach trees eating our peaches. (Yes, they really love the peaches, and they shake my tree.) My Savage M93 .17 HMR has proven itself a tackdriver on the range, and it's a dang good little squirrel gun, too.

It helps that the squirrels cooperate by hanging out on the big elm tree in the middle of the day. It's so hot, and they're so lethargic that they just sit there motionless, with the trunk right behind them. Oh, it's so convenient.

Since last week, the buzzards have been getting fat on squirrel carcasses I toss over the back fence.

What's your favorite squirrel gun?

Any good stories happen while you were shooting the little bastiches?
    DK Firearms

tju1973

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    Mine is a Marlin 60 I have had since 6th grade-- I am 36 now-- I put the scope on about 15 or so years ago, but it still shoots like a champ--(sorry for the other rifle/carbine in the pict-- didn't have one of it alone..)

IMG_0009.jpg

But this one is fast getting more and more squirrel duty-- Savage MKII Wally WOrld Special(non accutrigger)--- Very fun and accurate plinkers--especially @$117-- IMHO

DSC01523.jpg

mclarenross

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dads got a 77/22 that I put a Green Mountain Mach2 barrel on for him and a 1.5lb trigger and bedded it. He has more fun shooting squirrels and turtles with that thing. Hes made numerous head shots at 75 yards with it and some at 100. He shot a buzzard off the top of a telephone pole at a bit under 150.

jmsfmtex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Fischer
    Low power Gamo Shadow 1000 (.177cal).

I heard that buzzards are a protected species? Besides we need them to eat all the squirrels.

Top Bottom