• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    I recently shot a freinds sr9e and found it a very pleasant experience. The feel of the gun and accuracy was more than adequate.

I am considering the SR series handguns instead of my glocks and kahr cm9.

Please provide your experiences with any or all of these guns.

Plus interested in longevity and reliability as compared to glocks.

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    Had an SR9 for a number of years. Ended up having to sell it to pay off an unexpected bill. Only had one bobble with it, and that was when I was using some UMC ammo. And even then, it was only for that one failure to eject. Other than that, it ate everything I fed it without trouble. Was easy to shoot,easy to carry, and very reliable. I kinda wish I had bought the compact model. I would have probably stopped searching for my perfect dual purpose gun at that point.

But, really, what fun would that have been? :banana:

smittyb

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Cut N Shoot
    I have the 9 and 9c. Mine run fine. Mag interchangeability is nice.
    Added a ghost connector and clipped a coil of the striker spring on the full size, made the trigger much better.
    I don't see why anyone would get the 9E when the 9 can be had for under $400.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Owned the SR9 and it ran well for me, but the wife could not get thru even one magazine ever. It's not limp wrist tolerant. I want everyone in the household to be confident in any gun they might need at home.
    Found the safety somewhat cheesy as it would bend around during use, if you have a safety lever it is too important to be an afterthought. The thing that I detested most however was the stupid loaded chamber indicator that looked so dumb up there between the sights. If it sticks up so high you can read the word "Loaded" on it it is sticking up too high. It made me think the engineers at Ruger think I'm too stupid to know the condition of my weapon. I took it personally, and that is on me, not Ruger.
    None of this should a deal killer for you or yours. But taken in total I decided to move on to another 9mm house gun. Traded into a SD40 VE awhile back and considered it trade fodder until it went to the range. I love that gun and am looking to trade for a 9mm version. These guns grew up well. Not perfect but it's a keeper for me.

Davetex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 27, 2010
    Greers Ferry Lake
    I've shot a 9E and I was rather impressed with it. So much so that I bought a Ruger American compact 9mm. I am very impressed with the RA, you might have a look at those too. Rugers are just rock solid guns.

Eckolancer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    Plano
    I have the SR9C and shot about 2500+ rounds in it so far. Only issue I have had so far was the pin that holds the loaded chamber safety in place kept coming out. So I put a couple taps on it to stretch it out as it's a rolled hallow metal pin. That issue was noticed first time shooting gun new from dealer maybe first 200 rounds or so. Never had another issue after slight modification to pin. My buddy has a xd-9 and likes my SR9C for comfort and accuracy. I will have to agree with him on that as well after shooting his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom