• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullgator

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 12, 2009
    Houston TX
    I had a 70 series Kimber Stainless Target LE until I put it up with my stainless Taurus PT1911. It was no contest, and the Kimber was totally out classed by my Taurus and I sold it and bought another gun with the excess cash and never looked back.

forged88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2014
    Thx bullgator!
    and my damn FFL was closed today and so i missed my delivery, cant wait to get this mofo in my hands!

forged88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2014
    uploadfromtaptalk1404265570853.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1404265599692.jpg single target is at the first line and the 5 target poster were all shot at the 2nd line distance

Over all I went through 7 clips without a hitch, great gun so far, lil on the heavy side but I like it a lot. Just enough kick and the bottom right mini target was a rapid fire session for s&giggles.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Nice!

And, just for comparison's sake, do you own any other 1911s? I ask because you said it was '(a) lil on the heavy side;' but if you're used to polymer handguns that would be normal.

Cheers! M2

forged88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2014
    No this is the first pistol I've even bought, shot a few diff kinds like revolvers and glocks and rifles but not many. My gf's dad has a colt 1911 full size but it didn't have a ext beaver tail and full length guide rode which we think ads to the extra weight. But it's not terrible. Those poly guns just don't feel like "actual" guns if you know what I mean lol

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Glad you listened to those with actual Taurus experience and ownership rather than hearsay.

Hope you enjoy it.

I have a ton of actual Taurus experience, I used to work at a gun range. I've been shooting 1911s since I was 7. I have handled so many different 1911s that I could probably write a small novel about them. My friend was a "value gun" guy and his preferred brand was Taurus. Every time he'd pick up a new gun, he'd show it off to me and we'd take it shooting. Sure, most will go bang when you pull the trigger, but so will a Hi-Point. Every Taurus I've EVER handled (we're talking in the hundreds here) has had a gritty trigger, poor finish, and just felt... like a die-cast toy more than a real firearm. To me at least. Like I said though, I haven't even bothered to pick up a Taurus in 10+ years besides a Judge (don't get me started), so they could have improved.

...and about poly guns: I'm done for now... I was around when Glock started hitting the scene hard and even as a young child I knew that there was no way that ANY polymer could be as strong as steel. I have one poly pistol, a SD XD-45C and it has proven itself to be 100% reliable and accurate, but there's no doubt in my mind that the frame could easily fail at any time. I was gifted an old 870 years back by my brother. It had a Choate side folder on it. He had never even fired it. The original owner said the stock was from the mid-90s. Anyway, to make a long story short, one 2 3/4" 00 buck round cracked the stock in half.

Polymers are interesting because unless it's a time-proven composition, there's no telling what you'll get. What was stable and passed their QC and testing might not be in such great shape after 15-20 years of decomposition. There I said it. Metal from now on for me please. The only plastic on my guns now is AR furniture, .22LR rifle stocks, SIG TFOs, and mag bumper pads.

Last edited:

forged88

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2014
    I had already seen them new and they were pretty junkd up so I knew cleaning it before a test fire was a must, but I've been told its better for a new gun to be well oiled then not enough from the factory, bc they never know how long it'll sit on the shelf. I'm just very pleased with its shooting and any problems in the future I'll make sure to post them accordingly.

Top Bottom