Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    St. Louis City Leader Says Police Ineffective, Tells Residents to Get Armed

Tuesday, December 02, 2008
    service_ap_36.gif

ST. LOUIS — A St. Louis city leader frustrated with the police response to rising crime called Tuesday on residents to arm themselves to protect their lives and property.
    Alderman Charles Quincy Troupe said police are ineffective, outnumbered or don't care about the increase in crime in his north St. Louis ward. St. Louis has had 157 homicides in 2008, 33 more than last year at this time.
    "The community has to be ready to defend itself, because it's clear the economy is going to get worse, and criminals are getting more bold," Troupe, 72, said Tuesday.
    Troupe said that when he and residents approached a district police commander last year, they were told "there was nothing he could do to protect us and the community ... that he didn't have the manpower."
    Police did not immediately return requests for comment. Chief Dan Isom told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch he understands Troupe's frustration but doesn't support citizens arming themselves.
    Carrying guns, he said, is not a "recipe for a less violent community."

STLtoday - St. Louis Alderman Quincy Troupe calls on residents to carry handguns for safety

I agree with Mr. Troupe that decent, law-abiding citizens need to arm themselves. The police are going to be there after the fact. I'd rather that fact be in my favor.

Of course, the media has to run the dissenting views instead of just reporting what Mr. Troupe said.

The media, in the same manner as they decided on the presidential candidates and effectively worked to get Obama elected, is moving to get guns in the forefront of the news. And it's already starting judging by the number of gun stories in the media lately. Make no mistake, the media is working to get lawmakers and Obama to severely restrict, if not totally eliminate our Second Amendment rights.

I believe Obama will govern the way Clinton did and that is by polls and popular opinion instead of making the hard decisions and doing what's right. With these stories in the forefront along with polls*, the media will create a false sense of urgency in the doltz who voted for Obama and we'll hear the battle cry to get guns out of the people's hands.

*If you see any gun related polls, please post links to them in the News Articles section. I'm sure they're going to increase in number quickly.

Top Bottom