• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    You know what? my CHL instructor (who was a prosecutor in SA. . .Don't remember his name) actually suggested the RBCD's.
    Capitol Armory ad

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I have no idea. All I know is that it shoots like a 90 grain (or less) 9mm bullet.

I googled it and read an article from a liberal website (something like soldier tests illegal ammo on Iraqi. . . . . a contract guy shoots a taliban guy (who was shooting at him) with a .223 in the butt and the guy dies) After the first paragraph of liberal BS, they seemed like they copy and pasted from the manufacturor's website.

Made me want to buy it, but cost and education made me not.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I have no idea. All I know is that it shoots like a 90 grain (or less) 9mm bullet.

I googled it and read an article from a liberal website (something like soldier tests illegal ammo on Iraqi. . . . . a contract guy shoots a taliban guy (who was shooting at him) with a .223 in the butt and the guy dies) After the first paragraph of liberal BS, they seemed like they copy and pasted from the manufacturor's website.

Made me want to buy it, but cost and education made me not.

So I take it you researched them and found they are absolute trash right? If not, let me know as I have several links of scientific studies done to prove they are absolute crap. ;)

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Okay two part comment. 1) But what are they? Just the useual magic bullet that only kills bad people and will not go threw walls or the kid sleeping in the next room? 2) Sig_Fiend, I'd like to scope out those links.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    They are fragible, low mass, high velocity bullet. Based on the idea that speed kills.

I think they'd be great for killing squirrels.

I would like to see Sig_Fiend's stuff, but I already think they are spancy junk rounds.

EDIT: I think I saw a Box-of-Truth on them. Basically, the bullet comes apart. Very low penetration.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Headed to work right now. Tonight, I'll post the links. I'm also going to make a separate sticky thread with the same links about RBCD and other ammo I consider to be trash (Extreme Shock). ;)

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Awesome. I never bothered to bookmark all the stuff I've found on them.

Basically RBCD is a jacket filled with small shot (something dumb like #8 size) and a plastic ball plugging the nose of the jacket. It's very light weight, and is supposed to break apart when it hits a BG. This is supposed to cause some kind of horrific damage. Problem is, the penetration numbers aren't good, and the max penetration is only achieved by a couple of those shot pellets in pretty much every test I've seen.

But to answer Big's question, yes they're some "majic" bullet that's only supposed to kill the badguy you shoot with it by blowing him to itty bitty pieces.

wrtanker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2009
    Ft. Worth
    Overpenetration is definitely something to consider and it isn't restricted to high-powered rifle or pistol rounds. To this day I carry a load of 12ga pellets in my midsection. The shot went through my friend and into me. The shooter was about 15-20 feet in front of my friend who was 15-20 feet in front of me. It doesn't matter what you're shooting you have to consider what is behind your target!

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Overpenetration is definitely something to consider and it isn't restricted to high-powered rifle or pistol rounds. To this day I carry a load of 12ga pellets in my midsection. The shot went through my friend and into me. The shooter was about 15-20 feet in front of my friend who was 15-20 feet in front of me. It doesn't matter what you're shooting you have to consider what is behind your target!

You should always do that no matter if you're shooting an under-penetrating round or not, though.

On the other hand, when you have a choice between death and violating Rule 4...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Here is the RBCD info/tests:

The Box O' Truth #38 - RBCD Ammo Vs. The Box O' Truth - Page 1
    LeMas/RBCD Ammunition Analysis - M4Carbine.net Forums (read the whole thing, truly professional test)

There have been some other tests. One of them is from some Tactical forum, however you have to be a member to see it and I can't find the link.

Also, just FYI, the next statement will really drive home the fact that RBCD/Lemas ammo is absolute BS trash crap ammo. USSOCOM/ARDEC received $1 MILLION from Congress to conduct a study into the Lemas ammo claims. The report is available, although you have to register with DTIC to obtain a copy, so not many of us can justify a "reason" to do so. Bottom line, USSOCOM/ARDEC conducted a $1 million study into this ammunition and came to the ultimate conclusion that nearly ever single claim made by this manufacturer is 100% unequivocally FALSE! If they say it, you know it's true.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    wow........................wow. . . . . .

Does that company make any other stuff?

Another million dollars wasted. . . . .

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The funny thing is some of their claims are so obviously wrong that anyone with a high school level understanding of physics could easily disprove them. One of the claims is that, due to the "blended metal technology", the heat of the human body is enough that it "replicates the manufacturing process" and causes the bullet to instantly "deprogram" and come apart on contact with a human body?!??!?!?!?! WTF?! Hmm, lets see here? 98.6F is high enough temperature to cause a bullet to come apart in the span of a millisecond or so? Lets think about that for a second. Um yeah, that sounds completely plausible. Never mind the heat and tens of THOUSANDS of psi of the bullet being forced down the barrel. :rolleyes: The only reason Stan Bulmer/Lemas/RBCD and other gimmic ammo companies like them are able to remain in business is because many people simply have not done the research into ballistic wounding factors and ballistics in general. It's actually a relatively simple subject to understand, however many people simply haven't done the homework, so it seems to be this mysterious thing. Because of that, it's not hard for someone to come along that exudes confidence, uses a lot of sophisticated and scientific-sounding terms, and is able to completely fool a lot of people into thinking their product is valid.

Top Bottom