• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    I've stopped watching movies starring Matt Damon, Mark Wahlberg, Stallone and Schwarzenegger even though I love action flicks. I won't watch comedy shows featuring Jim Carrey or Sarah Silverman. Like I said before, if I discover a company or person is actively engaged in violating the Bill of Rights I won't support them. This is an ongoing process of discovery that, I assume, will eventually lead me to a hermit's life in the middle of the Texas hill country :)

So be it.
    This is largely the way I feel. Pissed my wife off I wouldn't go see a movie that had Jamie Fox in it a while back. If everyone stuck to their guns(haha figuratively) on these type of issues our(pro 2A) will would matter a lot more. When people say "what does it matter" youre basically giving up. It WOULD matter if everyone stood up to the people who infringe on our rights, period.

macshooter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2012
    EL Chuco
    I heard the CEO today on the news say, "you have to ask yourself, what place does a gun have in an establishment where people go to relax and enjoy their time" or something along those lines. Obviously, the same role as a gun has anywhere else, to protect you from a random nut. Such as the ones we see on the news regularly. Anyone who can ask that question is not a pro 2A person. But smart to at least try to keep his politics out of his business.

On the other hand, after seeing the pictures above (WTF?) I can definitely understand him asking people to leave the goddamn AR in the f**king car for christ's sake! Unless you call ahead and coordinate with the store to hold an open carry event or something, you're gonna come off as a f**king screwball, and it makes us all look crazy. I'd be more than a little worried about some fuckwit with a stupid grin sitting in a coffee shop with a goddamn AR. In fact nuts like that is exactly why I carry. And if it was my store, I'd tell them to get the f*ck out, with my hand on my CW piece watching for the wrong move from any of them. Weirdos.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    On the other hand, after seeing the pictures above (WTF?) I can definitely understand him asking people to leave the goddamn AR in the f**king car for christ's sake!

Here is another. How would you like this guy to come up to the counter behind, you sweeping your mid section? Is his gun loaded? Is the safety on? Well you will find out when the trigger brushes his clothes/ belt. I am actually surprised at SBX patience with these jackasses.

tumblr_mgvr9lKRMY1rkuiqeo1_500_zps832e4819.gif

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    And one last thing- this isn't just a 2A issue. I refuse to give money to any company which asks that I give up any of my rights or even lawful privileges as an adult. You can probably tell my list of "Good" companies is very short.
    They aren't asking you to give up any of your rights. You don't (and have never had) a right to go onto private property with a gun when the owner asks you not to.

This isn't even a 2nd Amendment issue. The 2A deals with the government removing your natural born rights, not a private property owner exercising HIS rights.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    They are asking me to give up my rights while on their property. I refuse to acquiesce while on their property or anywhere else; so I will not go there. It is possible to respect their property as much as I respect my own rights by simply not entering their property. I apologize if I made myself unclear.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    Here is another. How would you like this guy to come up to the counter behind, you sweeping your mid section? Is his gun loaded? Is the safety on? Well you will find out when the trigger brushes his clothes/ belt. I am actually surprised at SBX patience with these jackasses.

tumblr_mgvr9lKRMY1rkuiqeo1_500_zps832e4819.gif

Cherry-picking pictures, without context, of people whom most will assume negative opinions about, is hardly indicative of the customer base, gun-owning customer base, and current anti-gun policy as a whole.

Yes, you are correct there are many unanswered questions about this photo. It is one photo of probably thousands of SB gun owning customers. And what about all the gun owning customers whom there are not photos of? What representation do they get in this debate? One can only imagine...

Let's not let a handful of examples justify a nation-wide policy. If that is acceptable then we may as well all turn in our firearms right now.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    They are asking me to give up my rights while on their property.
    You don't HAVE any right to carry a gun on their property. The 2nd Amendment does not privide that for you. So they are not asking you to give up anything.

I have said it before and will say it again. Sometimes "pro 2A" people are their own worst enemies.

Nothing I have seen Starbucks release indicates any anti gun sentiment. As far as those pics, those are indicative of many I have seen. There is no context to be taken out of. The guy is carrying in an unsafe manner. Period. If a bunch of open carry people were congregating at a Starbucks and I saw them carrying in that manner, I would take my family out of there.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    All this over Starbucks, yet I see a majority of members here that love and support Hollywood movies, TV, music and video games , yet never question where the majority of popular entertainment money is going to support politically. :confused:
    So there I was about 6 dates into her, finally spending the weekend at her place and Sat am she is going to exercise. GAWD she looked good in that outfit she wore, I was getting ready for an 8 mile run and as I head into the spare bedroom to say good bye I look and there is Jane Fonda working out on TV and my girl bouncing along with her...I ask, is that a tape? She said yes, then I walk over to the VCR, punch the eject button, pull out the tape and tell her no girl I date is gonna buy or watch Fonda as long as I am around.

Got to say that she liked even more after that...

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    ACtually, if it's a "public accomodation" it cannot deny you your 2A rights. Only if it's a private club can it do that.

Here is Judge Andrew Nopalitano on this situation: Judge Napolitano on Gun Rights.mpg - YouTube
    "Starbucks is a 'public accommodation, meaning it invites the public to come on its property. And when the public comes on its property, the public doesn't shed any of its constitutional rights. So Starbucks could no more say you've got to keep the gun out there, then it could say you have to keep your political opinion out there."
    ..."If I'm preaching my devotion to Ron Paul so loudly the people can't order their coffee - THEN Starbucks can stop me." - Judge A.Nopalitano

I link this argument, but its not a winner in Texas...

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I have said it before and will say it again. Sometimes "pro 2A" people are their own worst enemies.
    I'm hearing a lot of complaining and not very many solutions... How can we raise awareness to the fact that guns in everyday life aren't scary? How can we shift public opinion away from the mere sight of a gun being an issue? Sitting around and sipping a latte is a pretty non-threatening activity you could do while carrying. What should pro 2A advocates be doing instead?

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    ACtually, if it's a "public accomodation" it cannot deny you your 2A rights. Only if it's a private club can it do that.

Here is Judge Andrew Nopalitano on this situation: Judge Napolitano on Gun Rights.mpg - YouTube
    "Starbucks is a 'public accommodation, meaning it invites the public to come on its property. And when the public comes on its property, the public doesn't shed any of its constitutional rights. So Starbucks could no more say you've got to keep the gun out there, then it could say you have to keep your political opinion out there."
    ..."If I'm preaching my devotion to Ron Paul so loudly the people can't order their coffee - THEN Starbucks can stop me." - Judge A.Nopalitano
    I like the Judge but he is 100% wrong on this one. They can stop you from carrying a gun and they CAN bounce you for disagreeing with their political views. Its their establishment, and with few exceptions they set the rules. As it should be.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

This is only true for certain protected classes - race, gender, etc.

You walk into the store shouting your political beliefs (exercising your 1st Amendment rights) you can be kicked out too.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Cabellas doesn't let customers walk around their stores with loaded rifles, do they? How about your local gun store?

Cabela's won't let you OC a loaded rifle, but a loaded CC pistol is acceptable - this from the manager of their Fort Worth location after I commented on needing to check in my dedicated .22 AR upper when I brought it in to find a few parts (I had brought in just the upper, sans BCG/CH).

As for the LGS - depends on where you are. Some will let you OC/CC whatever you want long as it's legal, others won't let you regardless of the law.

Regarding Starbucks - The CEO's statement is meaningless from a legal standpoint (AFAIK), and so long as the building isn't properly posted you're free to carry on-site. At least, that's my read on things. Where's a lawyer when ya need one?

Top Bottom