• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    Cabela's won't let you OC a loaded rifle, but a loaded CC pistol is acceptable - this from the manager of their Fort Worth location after I commented on needing to check in my dedicated .22 AR upper when I brought it in to find a few parts (I had brought in just the upper, sans BCG/CH).

As for the LGS - depends on where you are. Some will let you OC/CC whatever you want long as it's legal, others won't let you regardless of the law.

That raises an interesting question then. Would those that see Starbucks as Anti 2A/anti gun think the same of a firearms vendor who have the same policy?
    Gun Zone Deals

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    That raises an interesting question then. Would those that see Starbucks as Anti 2A/anti gun think the same of a firearms vendor who have the same policy?

From what I understand firearms vendors are required by their insurance providers to post such signage, otherwise their coverage will be dropped. Obviously they aren't pushing an anti-gun agenda, unlike Starbucks.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas

OR any other business that does not allow OC of an AR-15 - bank, home depot, walmart, gun show.....

Seems like the SBX hate is hypocritical.

Texan2

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    South of San Antonio
    From what I understand firearms vendors are required by their insurance providers to post such signage, otherwise their coverage will be dropped. Obviously they aren't pushing an anti-gun agenda, unlike Starbucks.
    Nobody has yet show me any Starbucks anti-gun agenda.

The insurance excuse is complete BS.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I have never given much thought to the Starbucks issue till this thread. Lots of pros, lots of cons and a whole bunch of side comments giving something to ponder.

My conclusion is that Starbucks , has done nothing wrong at all and only asked that it be not done, never said you could not do it. In addition and after much thought I would say Starbucks is a statement WE as gun owners really do not need to make.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI

I for one don't - but then, I don't see Starbucks as an anti - I see them more like Switzerland, 'cause they're more than happy to stay as close to neutral as possible.

And FWIW, their official policy hasn't changed at all (if it has, I missed the memo) from "keep it legal and you're good". I view any establishment with that policy (assuming it's actually taught to their employees and properly enforced) as neutral, and personally won't hesitate to do business with them if they're selling what I want/need.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I for one don't - but then, I don't see Starbucks as an anti - I see them more like Switzerland, 'cause they're more than happy to stay as close to neutral as possible.

And FWIW, their official policy hasn't changed at all (if it has, I missed the memo) from "keep it legal and you're good". I view any establishment with that policy (assuming it's actually taught to their employees and properly enforced) as neutral, and personally won't hesitate to do business with them if they're selling what I want/need.

I wasn't singling you out, just that your post raised the thought in my head.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    I know you weren't. Figured I'd respond anyway.

Given what I've seen of some of the attitudes here, I wouldn't be surprised if people who see Starbucks as antis saw other places the same way. Hell, I'd be more surprised if they didn't!

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller

You've got it right. They initially tried to stand with us 2A folks, and pretty much got taken advantage of. Good grief, they are a for profit business, not a 2A cause champion.

When I ran my business, (for 20 years I might add) I never specifically declared any type of carry was welcome or not welcome. I knew a lot of people that visited that were carrying concealed and that was just fine. I'd talk with them about it if it became known. If someone had come into my business legally open carrying a long gun, that would have been fine too. But if all of a sudden, because I allowed a few to open carry, it became a cause for 2A and was effecting my bottom line (think livelihood) I might have had the same reaction as Starbucks.

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    Honestly, can't say I blame ya Navy. Good friend of mine is planning to open up a little gun/hunting supply shop once he's through college, and we've both agreed to take a similar stance to Starbucks if/when he gets it off the ground.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Honestly, can't say I blame ya Navy. Good friend of mine is planning to open up a little gun/hunting supply shop once he's through college, and we've both agreed to take a similar stance to Starbucks if/when he gets it off the ground.

For the record, I didn't have a gun store or other such business. I owned and operated a printing business in North Richland Hills. We did a lot of work for both NRH, Richland Hills and Watagua police departments. So guns were in the shop a lot.

London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone

Colion Noirs stance. I have to agree.

I've said many times before that anti-gun people try not to sound anti-gun the same way racial separatists try not to sound racist. "I have nothing against blacks. I just don't want them around me."

Anyone who can't see this is an anti-gun policy isn't paying attention. Likely willfully.

Top Bottom