• ...and so much more!
  • Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Now's a good time to start contacting your legislators (yes, even though there's an election in November) about your desires for changes to the CHL/LTC laws in the next legislative session.

Whether you want them to push for constitutional carry, removal of 30.06/07 (and just 30.05) to remove force of law for signs but still allow property owners to ask folks to leave for any reason, or anything else - start reaching out now. Get it in their minds and on their agendas.

Be nice, be short, but let them know it's on your mind so it should be on theirs.
    Hurley's Gold

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    What wording might be appropriate for changing the "defense from prosecution" to I have the right to shoot you (criminal) and it's up to you to prove I don't. criminal must bear all cost and responsibility for shootings due to robbery,car jacking , B&E assualt , rape etc. AND block scum bag relatives from being able to bring civil suit.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    What wording might be appropriate for changing the "defense from prosecution" to I have the right to shoot you (criminal) and it's up to you to prove I don't. criminal must bear all cost and responsibility for shootings due to robbery,car jacking , B&E assualt , rape etc. AND block scum bag relatives from being able to bring civil suit.

You're talking about two different things: criminal and civil.

There's already civil liability protection for justified use of deadly force.

You can't prevent someone from bringing suit but you could ask they change the law so that someone who brings suit and loses owes legal fees to the other party.

Remember, though, they're criminals. How likely are they to be able to pay if you win?

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    You're talking about two different things: criminal and civil.

There's already civil liability protection for justified use of deadly force.

You can't prevent someone from bringing suit but you could ask they change the law so that someone who brings suit and loses owes legal fees to the other party.

Remember, though, they're criminals. How likely are they to be able to pay if you win?

Their lawyer as a party to the suit should then have to foot the bill. Good luck with that though.

I'd love to see something that barred criminals, their survivors and all that from even being able to bring suit for anything that happens to them during a criminal act. These POS choose to act outside the laws of the state, yet then want the laws to give them stuff.

Not going to hold my breath though.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    How about pushing for liability protection for businesses that allow LTC from lawsuits related to the self-defense use of a firearm?

Businesses don't "allow" OC - only prohibit. In other words, there's no action to take to "allow" OC - it's legal. There's only action on the part of the business to prohibit.

Top Bottom