• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I wonder what the folks would have done had you entered the fair anyway? I am not suggesting that you should have tried, but I can't help but wonder..........

I was wondering the same thing. "We need to record your info." "No thanks." As long as you've already paid, what are they going to do? It seems kind of like the "let me check your receipt and rummage your bag" guys at the store.

I really can't see a bunch of fair security deciding to "take down" someone they know has a gun... At least, I hope they wouldn't!

Guys, chill out. I saw gemini's post over on the Texas CHL forum earlier. It does have some merit and like I posted about it on the txchlforum, this scenario is my biggest concern if/when such an interaction takes place (everyone and their dog knowing what's going on).

There was a uniform standing there with gemini along with the workers from the fair. There's no reason they should be collecting or recording anyone's CHL or firearm information. AFAIK they have no authority to do so.

He knows Jack from Jill in regards to Mr Ledbetter. And his response to hkusp1 is probably a bit hot but if I were in his shoes I wouldn't be taking anyone's word for something just yet after such a scene.

Just everyone cool it here and catch your breath.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Lynx Defense

lalonguecarabine

A legend in my own mind!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 3, 2009
    Houston
    Actually, the lady at the gate sounded far more paranoid than gemini ever did in any of his posts.
    I really have to agree with what was said earlier about anyone who carries "losing" their weapon, and that part of the story really made me laugh.
    What kind of CHL loses their weapon and doesn't know about it for a day or two?

...just imagine:
    "Hey Niel, I found your SIG on the roller coaster"
    "Oh crap! I was wondering what happened to it. Gee, thanks, Bob!"

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Something I find interesting about all this - the law says the weapon must remain concealed, but what does the law have to say about instances such as this where your possession of a weapon is disclosed by another party and not by you? When people like these gate droids make a scene like this and bystanders are then made aware that you have a weapon, isn't that like them picking up your shirt-tail and yelling "He's got a gun!!!"?

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Something I find interesting about all this - the law says the weapon must remain concealed,
    Actually it does not. The law makes a violation if YOU intentionally fail to conceal it.
    but what does the law have to say about instances such as this where your possession of a weapon is disclosed by another party and not by you?
    The law does not say anything about disclosing possession. and doing so is not a violation of the law, in and of itself.
    When people like these gate droids make a scene like this and bystanders are then made aware that you have a weapon, isn't that like them picking up your shirt-tail and yelling "He's got a gun!!!"?

Perhaps, but it does not matter legally.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I don't think I would ever try to ride a roller coaster with a gun. . . . . unless I had a really really really good retention holster. . . . and since my carry holster is an IWB holster . . . . yeah, not going to happen.

I think my com-tac IWB holster is realatively comfortable . . . I know it is there. A glock is a big gun to carry in your pants. I know I'm going to notice it not being there.

PS, yep, Pitsburg is beating the tar out of San Fransisco.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Perhaps, but it does not matter legally.

Maybe it should?

I mean, as often as CHLers debate printing or the meaning of "intentionally or knowingly", maybe it should matter legally if another party blurts us out and disregards a CHLers privacy?

I suppose then it could be argued 'what privacy?' when we have a bunch of us online in gun forums discussing the CHL process, ammo, holsters and guns.

The CHL section of the penal code is only followed by CHLers. Yet we expect CHLers to live in a society that doesn't recognize that section of law because it just doesn't work for them. That doesn't seem right.

Anyway, I'm just blabbing. I'm spaced out from this bug I've been fighting.

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    I don't think I would ever try to ride a roller coaster with a gun. . . . .

Especially ones like the Rattler at Fiesta Texas - it really lives up to it's name. Old woodies will beat the tar out of you when the tracks start getting rough, like the Texas Cyclone at Astroworld (R.I.P.).

gemini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Texas
    "Fair Carry" is supposed to be as topic on the Mark Davis show today.
    I'm tuned in now. Still waiting.
    Mark Davis WBAP 820 8:30am - 11:00am M-F

gemini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Texas
    One caller, and he did a good job. But really disappointed with Mr Davis. He supports allowing someone to take personal info because you paid admission? I'm amazed he even suggested that. I sent him the cited statues. I guess he didn't have time or motivation to read them. I'm still pressing the issue.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    This would be such a non-issue if we would just legalize open carry.

I disagree. There would still be "no-carry zones" for open carry. There would still be these little disputes over the law, and how to interpret it.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    I feel like I've missed so much.... I was wondering the same as to what would happen if you just walked on in, doubt the "Wand lady" is gonna grab you... "stop or I'll yell stop again",

they may pull out the old "we have the right to refuse service to anyone" and then tell the officer to get you out.

gemini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Texas
    I feel like I've missed so much.... I was wondering the same as to what would happen if you just walked on in, doubt the "Wand lady" is gonna grab you... "stop or I'll yell stop again",

they may pull out the old "we have the right to refuse service to anyone" and then tell the officer to get you out.

Some folks think I was looking for a confrontation. I was not. I had no problem entering the Fair in 2008. With a concealed weapon. The LEO checked my license and off we went. No problem. Why would it be different this year? I had my wife and another couple with me. On the ride to the Fair, our topic of discussion was, which fried food groups we were interested in trying. If anyone thinks disappointing your wife, when she has her mind set on going somewhere ...... helps the marital relationship. Then they aren't married.
    Anyway, the wand lady had already stated out loud "YOU have a concealed weapon"......for her to yell stop or I'll yell stop again....
    There is a saying: You can beat the Rap but you can't beat the Ride.
    I wasn't interested in taking a ride. Right or wrong. So, I waited, got an attorney, started making calls etc. and now I'm not planning on stopping until this thing is resolved.

MR. DISASTER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Denton
    State Fair Website said:
    ...a gun? No, with one exception.
    A person holding a valid concealed handgun license is permitted to enter onto State Fair property with his/her concealed handgun. Licenses will be examined at the entrances. License holder's name will be made accessible to law enforcement officials. Handguns will not be permitted inside the Cotton Bowl, a facility defined under Texas Penal Code 46.035 as "the premises where a high school, collegiate or professional sporting event or interscholastic event is taking place." We want the Fair to be a fun and safe experience.

Anything resolved on this issue, I'm going tomorrow and may or may not carry.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom