• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    But really disappointed with Mr Davis. He supports allowing someone to take personal info because you paid admission? I'm amazed he even suggested that.

He has become an idiot in recent years. I stopped listening to him when he just wouldn't let the smoking ban go. I wonder if he thinks we should collect names of Police Officers who carry too...

I think what we really need is:

CHL Day at Texas State Fair

Probably too late to organize it for this year, but next year it would be pretty cool if TSRA or someone organized it much like Gay Day at DisneyWorld.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    I have it on good authority that the company providing security this year for the fair has had some serious problems with the Texas Private Security Board.

Seems they hired a few illegals, and failed to follow the law regarding registering their employees with the state agancy. Several arrests were made and they were fined.

gemini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Texas
    Anything resolved on this issue, I'm going tomorrow and may or may not carry.

Now the State Fair "policy" is DL and CHL information is to be recorded.
    I won't allow that, so I won't be attending now or in the future.
    Not sure of the rules here about posting a thread from another forum, so I won't. But you may want to check the site. Easy to find the thread for alot of detailed posts. [url]http://www.texaschlforum.com/[/URL]
    Moderators: If I've broken a rule by posting a link to another site I'm
    sorry. Please delete if needed.

gemini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Texas
    I have it on good authority that the company providing security this year for the fair has had some serious problems with the Texas Private Security Board.

Seems they hired a few illegals, and failed to follow the law regarding registering their employees with the state agancy. Several arrests were made and they were fined.

You're too nice. Name them: Platinum Security. Exactly why I wouldn't let a gate wander take my personal information. Under the "new" policy for CHL entry into the Fair grounds. Your DL & CHL information is supposed to be collected and recorded by a peace officer. Then at the end of the day shredded. Yea, right.
    If the gate and security personnel were as stringently background checked - criminal & civil, fingerprinted, required to take a 10 hr class, prove wand proficency, no family violence charges, etc etc........
    Oh, I remember now. They just hire them for about 3 weeks a year. Yea, I trust them completely, not.

Navarone

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Dallas
    Its pretty ridiculous considering that there are 2 occasions in the recent past that there has been shooting incidents on the fairgrounds by non CHL owners. Funny how law abiders have to work harder to mantian their own rights. This isnt countingrandom fights that break out due to the random hoods that attend the fair grounds.

I live 4 minutes from the fair park and if I had free tickets it would be toilet paper.

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Funny how law abiders have to work harder to mantian their own rights.

Had this conversation with my kids on the way home from the Open Carry bbq.

If you think of it in terms of driving, sure we have some dipshits, lawbreakers, and criminals that use cars.

However, people that legally own cars or guns, want to keep their property, their rights, and not bother the other 99.999999999999% of the American population.

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    I disagree. There would still be "no-carry zones" for open carry. There would still be these little disputes over the law, and how to interpret it.

It depends on which form of Open Carry you have in place. There are 2:
    You have Open Carry like in TN where you have to have a permit to carry a weapon but you can carry it in the open where allowed, like our concealed carry.
    Then you have true open carry like most of the United States used to be and Az was the last to be that way. Where as long as you could own a firearm leagally it didnt matter what kind of firearm it was you could carry it anywhere at anytime and no one could stop you.

IMO we need to go to the True Open Carry form.

MR. DISASTER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Denton
    Well I went Saturday. I didn't carry because I wasn't going to go through that hassle. The goon with the wand let 10 people by and only "wanded" two of them. I wasn't one of them.

APatriot

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2009
    Houston, Tx
    Ladies and Gentlemen:

Can someone please tell me what the problem is as to giving your CHL information? I mean seriously, so what?

I agree with you it is ridiculous.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Ladies and Gentlemen:

Can someone please tell me what the problem is as to giving your CHL information? I mean seriously, so what?

I agree with you it is ridiculous.

Simple.

It isn't their business. They could just as easily disclose that information to people that could steal your identity or make the fact that you have a CHL public knowledge (aka, have some Liberal dips&^% post all the CHL's on a website, just like they have done in other states).

You don't give strangers your SSN or DL just because they ask.

David Burnett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Grand Prairie
    When the person with the wand asked if I had a weapon or knife, I held out my CHL and said yes. Person repeated question. I said yes again. Asked me to go with him to elevated policeman. He looked at my CHL, said "have a good time." That was it.

gemini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Texas
    When the person with the wand asked if I had a weapon or knife, I held out my CHL and said yes. Person repeated question. I said yes again. Asked me to go with him to elevated policeman. He looked at my CHL, said "have a good time." That was it.

Once State Fair officials started receiving letters, emails and phone calls from CHL holders, my atty, and interested parties, the "policy" seemed to be relaxed. Also, there was no consistency in enforcement from gate to gate.
    I'm glad you were able to attend without too much hassle. The DPD officer responded in exactly the way he should, "have a good time". Nothing else asked or required.
    Mind if I ask, what gate you entered, time of day and date?

David Burnett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2009
    Grand Prairie
    Gemini.......I regret I can not give you exact information, but I attended during the second week, on a Wednesday, and entered where the valet parking is provided, at around 1 PM.

gemini

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Texas
    Gemini.......I regret I can not give you exact information, but I attended during the second week, on a Wednesday, and entered where the valet parking is provided, at around 1 PM.

No problem. I've heard everything from "the gate wander waved me through without even checking"... to... "I had to wait by some trees for 15 minutes until a gate supervisor arrived to write down my information".

None of it makes sense. I was just trying to get a timeline on when you
    attended. You were one of the lucky ones.

Top Bottom