Join TexasGunTalk

Stay at home order

Discussion in 'Politics' started by glenbo, Mar 24, 2020.

1. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    You are saying that politicians are not altruistic???

I'm shocked!

2. Rhino

Rhino Active Member

Jan 22, 2009
    DFW Area
    The latest thing being floated is shutting down construction.

https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/

Sorry, but this has gone too far. Time for a peaceful assembly to protest over-reach, IMO.

3. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!

Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I'm convinced that these stay at home orders have nothing to do with our safety. The media talks about "Flattening the curve" and that translates to something other than safety.

Keeping us at home and social distancing, all revolve around keeping moderate numbers of afflicted people at any given time. The rulers know that a football stadium full of people would produce unmanageable numbers of patients. This virus is very contagious and they want us to catch the virus at different times to unburden the medical facilities. They really don't give a chit if we get sick!

Notice too, everyone who died recently is linked to the virus? My BS meter is going off the scale!

The best advice is to take your temperature often. If the temp is normal or sub normal, YOU DON'T HAVE THE CORONA VIRUS!

Flash

4. BMF500

BMF500 Matthew 10:34 TGT Supporter

Aug 21, 2019
    Pattison
    What company does he work for/what rig is he on? I'm curious because we are supposed to go back there once our current contract in US waters concludes. The powers that be have yet to figure out how crew change/quarantine will be handled, but that is still a couple of months out.

Guaranteed, just a matter of whether it is additional straight time for the extra time served or proper rotational overtime. In the current market it is more than likely additional straight time.

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 Well-Known

Dec 15, 2019
    none.......
    Hell yeah I'm staying home. Didn't need an order for it!

Charlie, Mills, BRD@66 and 1 other person like this.
  6. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Fugro

7. Coyote9

Coyote9 New Member

Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas

8. Coyote9

Coyote9 New Member

Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    Thank you for staying calm , rational and helpful. Citizenship entails responsibility ...we should endure the hardship of lost wages and stay isolated as much as possible ... this too shall pass!

9. candcallen

candcallen Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.

Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    April 1st. With jenkins new hair cut we see another poll who is do as I say not as I do kinda guy.

Northam of VA extended his order till June? WTF.

Distancing can be done without completely phucking the country. Try all these grocery stores without massive waves of sick employees.

seeker_two likes this.
  10. cvgunman

cvgunman Active Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Mckinney TX
    I know my wife is upset with the stay at home order, but not regular reasons. See all the barbers are closed and my hair WAS getting long. Out came the clippers, can you say surgical length. Oh yaeh, she's not a fan of the skin head.