Join TexasGunTalk

Stay Away From Illinois...

Discussion in 'Gun Legislation' started by Mad John, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Mad John

Mad John Member

Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    Gentlemen & the Ladies too,
    As a member from Illinois, I have to warn you about pending legislation in The People's Republic of Illinois. The last election placed the most radical Progressive governor in control of this state. This gulag is soon to become the California of the Midwest. The latest firearms legislation proposals alone are enough to make any law abiding citizen shudder anywhere. This can happen to you. J. B. Pritzker the newly elected King with his Chicago Syndicate is firmly in possession of Illinois and it's Residents. Chicago rules the rest of the state. Anyone living outside the Chicago area no longer has any representation or voice in matters differing with Chicago.
    The measures being put in place here places gun ownership in serious jeopardy. He has signed into law the licensing of Dealers and their sales to individuals. Current proposals: Restricting Permits for Concealed Carry from "shall" issue to "May" issue on a provisional basis (need or requirement) on appeal. Illinois has a Firearms Owners Identification (FOID) already in place which requires this ID to purchase, own or even look at a firearm, purchase any ammunition to be show before a transaction.
    Proposal to change the possession of an FOID will require the holder to release all medical records, e-mail access (names and passwords), social media accounts (Facebook. Twitter etc.) Internet browser login information and access to military records. Not having a valid FOID in Illinois if you own a firearm is already a state felony that can have serious consequences including confiscation, jail and fines.
    Law abiding firearms owners are to become extorted criminals.
    "What a Country" John

2. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Might be time for torches and pitchforks.

Sam7sf, ekim, FireInTheWire and 3 others like this.
  3. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

All my kin live in Illinois. Left them & their acceptance of that states politics long ago. After my parents died I had no reason to ever return.

ekim and 308nato like this.
  4. TexasPatriot1916

TexasPatriot1916 Active-Member

Oct 14, 2018
    Dallas
    Well consider Illionis a Sunken Ship Like CommiFornia, and The East Coast Never to be risen again !!! Its truly amazing how these Leftists Get into Power and Ruin States for good from most of the time from one major city!!!

Inspector43, ekim and 308nato like this.
  5. Mad John

Mad John Member

Jan 15, 2019
    Rural Illinois
    I would leave if I could. I am getting old and my health is on the decline. I am the sole support of my 87 year old mother... just cannot abandon mom. Where to go? Been here 68 ears and the cost of moving this mess would be astronomical. No children and my relatives are all Left wingers.
    Just have to "lock & Load" then hunker down and shoot the first bastard that comes calling.
    LOL!

6. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

7. vmax

vmax TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Apr 15, 2013
    Do we really need warnings here about how antigun the yankee SOBs up north are getting?
    I thought we just all take that for granted.

ekim and toddnjoyce like this.
  8. baboon

baboon TGT Addict

Indiana or Missouri would be far better! I'd rather move then live under gun laws meant for Shitcago that will have no impact of the killing there!

ekim and 308nato like this.
  9. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015

ekim likes this.
  10. oohrah

oohrah Active Member

Jul 24, 2013
    Heart O' Texas
    Since my daughter moved out, I'll never be going back. I even have a non-resident IL CCL, and I won't be renewing it.

ekim likes this.