• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Picture is killin' me... I like to take a sirloin, salt and pepper it, and sear it in a screamin' hot cast iron skillet, than put it in a very hot oven for a few minutes to get it to everyone's liking. That and a baked sweet potato with butter and brown sugar (like Logans).
    Capitol Armory ad

cowboy45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    I got a couple of sirloins marinating since yesterday. A little canadian steak seasoning and a little Country Bobs sauce. MMM! Gotta go get some Bush's baked beans. No late night celebrating, I have to set up at the Fort Worth show in the morning.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I usually use a little bit of olive oil and then rub some Grillmates Montreal Steak seasoning in nice and deep... when you massage the steak it breaks up the fibers and creates a more flavorful piece of meat...

ponytron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    houston
    unless youre aging the beef yourself, youre definitely not making as good of a steak you can get in a restaraunt. also for you rare freaks, try to order it black and blue. the outside is seared almost to the point of well done, but the inside is still very rare. so good.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    unless youre aging the beef yourself, youre definitely not making as good of a steak you can get in a restaraunt. also for you rare freaks, try to order it black and blue. the outside is seared almost to the point of well done, but the inside is still very rare. so good.

Bit your tongue. My steaks are best. :p

I think a lot of what we each perceive as "a good steak" is often related to the flavor we normally eat/what you're use to tasting. Of course there are characteristics to a piece of meat are found to be savory.

I've had plenty oh "eh" steaks at restaurants. I've also had plenty of GOOD steaks at restaurants. Between spices, rubs, wood/smoke and cut, meat can taste a number of different ways and be "good".

ponytron

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2010
    houston
    Bit your tongue. My steaks are best. :p

I think a lot of what we each perceive as "a good steak" is often related to the flavor we normally eat/what you're use to tasting. Of course there are characteristics to a piece of meat are found to be savory.

I've had plenty oh "eh" steaks at restaurants. I've also had plenty of GOOD steaks at restaurants. Between spices, rubs, wood/smoke and cut, meat can taste a number of different ways and be "good".

the best steaks are the ones that arent even marindaded. not to say that rubs and marinades dont add something, but when you bite into a steak thats been only aged properly and cooked to specification, theres absolutely nothing like it in the world.

but hey, everyones got their own taste. i prefer mine with a hint of garlic and butter.

Top Bottom