• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    For those of you interested in the DFW area the DPC's regularly scheduled 3rd Sunday steel match is this weekend.

Typically format is 5 stages consisting of 5 steel targets. Shoot each stage 5 times, drop worst time (some exceptions though on some set-ups), sum up the rest for your final time.

Recommended that you have atleast 200-250 rounds of ammo on hand for the match, but you may not shoot it all.

SIgnu-up starts at 9am, shooting usually starts at 9:30 and runs to noon-1ish depending on the number of shooters.

Shooters are ranked by gun type:

Open Auto (comps and/or dots)
    Stock Auto (everything that's not an open gun)
    Open Revolver
    Stock Revolver
    Open .22 Auto
    Stock .22 Auto
    Open .22 Revolver
    Stock .22 Revolver

And by Experience level (you place yourself were you feel comfortable, if you shoot enough you will move up based on performance):

AA - really really good shooters, lost of experience
    A - really good experienced shooters
    B - good shooters, have shoot the format or others
    C - good with your gun
    D - getting better, learning to draw from the holster
    Novice - shoot from low ready. All .22s and folks who aren't comfortable drawing from the holster.

Cost is $15 for non-members, $10 for DPC members.

Here's a link to the club site:

[url]http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/[/URL]

And the match, you can check out previous times to get a feel where you think you may fall:

[url]http://www.dallaspistolclub.com/metalmania.php[/URL]

Its pretty a pretty good time and fun as heck. If you make it, I usually shoot in Squad 1, tall beer belly guy with a LaRue Tactical Hat (well sweated on) look me up.

malladus

malladus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2008
    Houston-Dallas
    If I can get all my chores done in time, I'll be there!!!

Hope to see you there, sign up for Squad 1 with Bob Suchan, that's were me and my father-in-law usually sign up. Pretty relaxed group of shooters, and we don't give folks to much crap about not being part of the tactical tupperware crowd (6 of the regular 8 of us are Glock shooters).

Almost forgot to mention it, there are no required reloads on the clock unless you run dry trying to pop the plates. They do like folks to have at least 3 hi-caps (if you get a good squad of folks we'll help you load) or 4 single stacks just to help move things along.

malladus

Top Bottom