• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Is there anywhere to do some steel shooting in San Antonio? Would like to try it with my 15-22 and SR-22.

Only catch:
    I would want to be by myself or with some friends, not a group of random people.

TYVM
    Texas SOT

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    They no longer do steel shooting, to many people were complaining about being peppered.

There are steel targets at Place to Shoot on the Cowboy range but there limitations on ammo. Cast bullets and low velocity only like 1000 fps. That pretty much rules out rifle rounds. You'd have to check to see if they allow non Pistolero members to use it.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Give Cedar Ridge Range a call and tell them you want to shoot the steel targets you bring with you. Despite the "rigamarole" you often get there, I'm sure they will take your money if they think you are safe and won't bring them a law suit.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    Give Cedar Ridge Range a call and tell them you want to shoot the steel targets you bring with you. Despite the "rigamarole" you often get there, I'm sure they will take your money if they think you are safe and won't bring them a law suit.

I would have to buy some 1st to do that option.

Koinonia

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    They no longer do steel shooting, to many people were complaining about being peppered.

The thing that made them take them away, was a group covered their camera, and shot 556 and 308 at the targets and destroyed them. Instead of replacing them for a few grand, they just got rid of them.

Tx_Mark

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 26, 2014
    The thing that made them take them away, was a group covered their camera, and shot 556 and 308 at the targets and destroyed them. Instead of replacing them for a few grand, they just got rid of them.

Well that sucks, that's not what I had heard... The guy there said to many people got peppered. Either way, still sucks

Top Bottom