• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Not sure if this should be in the Optics sub-forum or in the Gear & Accessories sub-forum but I’ll start with it here. I recently acquired some binoculars made by Steiner (which appears to be a very good manufacturer from what I can find). I don’t have the case or any paperwork on them but inscribed on them is “Military – Marine”, 7 x 35 WW, and Made in West Germany. That’s basically all the information I have. I’ve done some basic research on the internet but I’m not really getting a feel for their value. You can tell they are used but all functions appear to be working great. I’m not sure if I want to keep them or sell/trade them. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Pictures will be here soon. Thanks for any help.
    DK Firearms

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    I don't own any, because I couldn't afford that quality. From the people I know that own them, you have to really work at damaging them.

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    Back in the late 80's I researched high end binocs as I wanted a quality set.
    Stiener's were one of the better quality units available.
    They retailed then for about $400.
    Great glass but a bit heavy for the magnification. I seriously considered them but went with another brand due to their weight.
    They will serve you long and well.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I had a pair of Steiner Commanders (Like the Military & Marine but 50X) like those issued @ one tine to NATO tank commanders. They ended up fogging on me. I contacted Steiner about fixing them & found out they were basically disposable due to the way they are built. IIRC the are plastic & molded around the lens vs assembled around a metal body.

When I bought them they claimed they had a lifetime warranty like Swarovski or Zeiss. They ended up giving me a pair of their Predators after much bitching. I'm not impressed with their product. Was down right pissed when I seen they bought out Laser Devices.

Top Bottom