Target Sports

Stephen Colbert is the Man! All of you will love this!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/videos.jhtml?videoId=168449

Oh my god! 5:22 was the hardest BURN I have ever seen on TV! (the quote is referring to Jim Brady of the Brady Campaign)

Wouldn't it take more courage to be shot and go "No I'm not going to infringe on everyone's rights because something bad happened to me." THAT would be bold.

God, Stephen Colbert is the friggin' man! I have a new found respect for that guy. Making a serious and pointed joke about someone that got shot is pretty hardcore.
    ARJ Defense ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Actually Comedy Central makes a mockery of the Right. That's what the Colbert Report is about. Same with the Daily News. The Dem's are retarded, so they sometimes are hit as well.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    True, was definitely a nice burn. unfortunately, the overall message as stated above, serves to mock gun owners. And whoever is the word or guest of the day lol

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    That entire show is meant to be sarcastic however that comment he made, that I quoted, really isn't one that could be taken in a sarcastic sort of way. I think he just plain meant that. ;)

I don't know where you guys are getting the "mockery" aspect from. He was pretty hard and direct with that whatshisname guy from the Brady Campaign.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    That entire show is meant to be sarcastic however that comment he made, that I quoted, really isn't one that could be taken in a sarcastic sort of way. I think he just plain meant that. ;)

I don't know where you guys are getting the "mockery" aspect from. He was pretty hard and direct with that whatshisname guy from the Brady Campaign.

Think like a liberal and you will see it. It's derivative is the O'Reilly Factor, which is seeks to impersonate and mock.

The show is entirely about making fun of the right. From face value it appears like it's not the case, but it becomes apparent if you watch the show from that aspect.

In the end, it's a funny show, and it's one of the few shows I'll watch. The Daily Show with John Stewart was funny as well.

The argument from Colbert is the core argument of the Brady Campaign. They think gun regulation will solve those issues. Frankly I think they should all be shot; it would be the greatest irony.

Top Bottom