May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    Pity. The Cornyn campaign is engaging in dirty tactics (of a particularly Democrat model) and I really don't want to vote for him because of it...

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Pity. The Cornyn campaign is engaging in dirty tactics (of a particularly Democrat model) and I really don't want to vote for him because of it...

Seems to me his efforts are in vain. Stockman is bringing the bad press on himself. If I were Cornyn I's be coasting right now while preparing for the general election.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy

Why not vote for neither? Just because you have the choice between a bad candidate and a bad candidate, doesn't mean you necessarily have to end up with a bad candidate. That's the lovely thing about democracy that so many people forget today.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Why not vote for neither? Just because you have the choice between a bad candidate and a bad candidate, doesn't mean you necessarily have to end up with a bad candidate. That's the lovely thing about democracy that so many people forget today.

The really sad thing to me is that I know the RINOs, Dems and MSM will use this to declare the Tea Party in Texas DOA.

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    The really sad thing to me is that I know the RINOs, Dems and MSM will use this to declare the Tea Party in Texas DOA.

Probably. They like to use whatever they can to discredit the Tea Party, and to an extent conservatives in general. I haven't really been paying all that close of attention to the Tea Party lately, but it feels as though they have strayed a bit from where they were originally. Regardless, it's not a good feeling, seeing such a rift between conservatives like that.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    didn't Cornhole and Lindsay Grahmnisty just introduce a gun control bill in the Senate?

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    didn't Cornhole and Lindsay Grahmnisty just introduce a gun control bill in the Senate?

I don't know. I'm on the road. Got a source?

Edit: this? http://app1.kuhf.org/articles/13866...nger-Questions-His-Second-Amendment-Cred.html

I think that's already being discussed in a thread here.

Edit 2: I also don't see how that falls under gun "control" legislation although the MSM is dead set on giving any mention of legislation pertaining to gun rights the "control" moniker.

Last edited:

1slow01Z71

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Kyle
    Something sounds off. Im not saying Stockman is doing himself any favors but 0%? That's like Obama getting 100% of the vote in various districts. If Stockman doesn't get his campaign finance issues lined out hes toast. I don't know enough about him to say id vote for him yet but was definitely hoping that he would be a viable candidate to Cornyn. I just don't see how he got no votes for as much disdain as there is for Cornyn by people paying attention.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009

That's great news. That means they don't need to waste their time during those pesky mid term elections by going to vote since the evil tea baggers have already given up. Right?

Now if we could just convince them all to stay the heck out of the next Presidential primary we might actually end up with someone other than the worst possible Republican candidate being set up to run (like the last two elections).

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You guys really believe this shit? Some of y'all disappoint me. Karl Rove is laughing his ass off right now.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409

We don't live in a "Democracy." We live in a Constitutional Republic, where the will of the majority is tempered by the rule of law, and where the voices of minorities must be respected. Otherwise, we would have mob rule of the majority.

That IS exactly what too many "highly informed" voters did in the last several election cycles -- and look what good it did us. Your vote counts. Sometimes we have a great candidate to rally around, other times it is a choice between good enough and not worth a damn. McCain was not worth a Damn, so I voted for Ron Paul, who was "good enough."

I did not like Romney, but Obama is far worse for all of us. I voted Romney. It was not a vote wasted.

Last edited:

Dredens

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2014
    Sealy
    We don't live in a "Democracy." We live in a Constitutional Republic, where the will of the majority is tempered by the rule of law, and where the voices of minorities must be respected. Otherwise, we would have mob rule of the majority.

That IS exactly what too many "highly informed" voters did in the last several election cycles -- and look what good it did us. Your vote counts. Sometimes we have a great candidate to rally around, other times it is a choice between good enough and not worth a damn. McCain was not worth a Damn, so I voted for Ron Paul, who was "good enough."

I did not like Romney, but Obama is far worse for all of us. I voted Romney. It was not a vote wasted.

I did not mean not vote at all. I meant don't settle. You don't HAVE to accept the two bad choices given. There are such things as recalls and referendums in our great country, should the people so choose to use them.

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Please expand.

Just looks like good ol' fashion dirt digging. Those polls are probably bullshit too. Funny it's the guys here who should be on board with Stockman are the first to proclaim his campaign being in a "death spiral." I'm saying Rush's label of "low information voter" swings on both sides of the political spectrum.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    Just looks like good ol' fashion dirt digging. Those polls are probably bullshit too. Funny it's the guys here who should be on board with Stockman are the first to proclaim his campaign being in a "death spiral." I'm saying Rush's label of "low information voter" swings on both sides of the political spectrum.

Sir. Please don't take this the wrong way but if I ever meet you in person I'm going to punch you square in the face for that statement.

Top Bottom