• ...and so much more!
  • ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    So I've called CDNN and set up a transfer of two M40 A1s, one for me, one for my wife. Are there any other Steyroids out there?
    Venture Surplus ad

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I have the 9mm and the sights on it are great.Had a heck of a time finding extra mags.

ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    Mags available!

I have the 9mm and the sights on it are great.Had a heck of a time finding extra mags.
    I hope you've found the mags at CDNN. $30 for either the large cap 40 or 9mm.

Its a shame that the MA1 sale is going to end, but I'll be happy to see the new guns in the shops rather than just at one location.

I've also started lusting after an AUG V3 civi version.:)

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I don't have one however I do really like those guns and am a fan of Steyr firearms in general. Eventually I'll have to pick up a Steyr M9 I think.

ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    You'll love it.

I don't have one however I do really like those guns and am a fan of Steyr firearms in general. Eventually I'll have to pick up a Steyr M9 I think.
    Spectre Firearms has two M9A1s in stock for $415.

:DSupport your local Firearms Store.:D

Shiner Bock

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    DFW
    I've been tempted to impulse buy one while thumbing through CDNN's catalog, but I can't get past the key lock. If it weren't for that, I would have one.

snscott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Great Republic Of Texas
    Actually, the "key lock" is a pretty simple mechanism - I would not worry too much about it. You can completely ignore it if you want.

I got a M9-A1 a couple of weeks ago and absolutely love it. I can pick up a good sight picture with those trapezoid sights much faster than I can the old "post in the notch" style we all grew up with. You might think this is a gimmick, but they really do work (at least for me and some others - YMMV).

One nice feature not often mentioned about these pistols is that the whole "gun" or trigger mechanism can be pulled relatively easily out of the polymer frame to make it extremely easy to clean everything. Much like SIG's new P250, the polymer part of the gun is really little more than a handle and magazine well. The "gun" itself, including the metal slide rails, is a self-contained module that can be popped right out and back in again.

The very low bore axis, combined with a steeper grip angle (than the 1911), produces a handgun that has relatively little muzzle flip as well - which results in less perceived recoil. Overall, I am really surprised now that I have one that they did not catch on more than they did.

snscott

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Great Republic Of Texas
    Can't speak for anyone else but myself, but mine has been completely fine. I was so enamored with mine that I ordered the IWB holster and now carry it regularly.

Every gun is a individual, though, so you roll the dice when you buy one, no matter what the brand.

ETH77

ZAP Rules
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2008
    Houston
    They still havin problems with the extractors on em, I really want one but dont trust em yet.
    I can understand the concern. The upside is that Steyr is completely supporting users with the problem by replacing the extractors in question.

The first thing I did when I got home from Spectra Firearms (my FLGS) was to do a full cleaning of the "twins". I pulled the extractor out and cleaned the tube, the spring, the extractor pin, and extractor itself. I made sure that I have the latest version, and I was good to go.

I admit to geeking a bit, I'm polishing the guides and channels too. A little trigger work to smooth up the pull and effort (I'm OCD, OKAY?). I must say that sending rounds downrange was a pleasure, and the trapezoidal sights really work for me.

FLGS = friendly local gunshop:D

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom