• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    Oops!...htred,
    I looked again and you (of course) are right about it having rails.

Brickboy240,
    If you the Glocks and XDs are "pretty"...then you've never held a GP6, or felt it's unbelievably sweet light short trigger....I've got 2 Glocks and they can't begin to compare with the great feel in the hand, or the sweet short light trigger. Oh Well, to each his own, I guess.

Gmofftarki,
    Why in the world would you want a 10 rd. mag...if you have a 17 that fits perfectly? Just put in 7 less rounds, maybe?

If anyone wants a STI modified K100 (GP6), you'd better get an order in pronto!!
    STI has sold nearly all the 100,000 units that was the 1st shipment a month ago. And they say the next shipment will be post-Obama in the 1st quarter of '09. I don't know about you...but I'm not Up for paying a 100% Federal tax on any gun, or ammo, reloading supplies, etc., etc.!!

dS

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    I already have a hi cap 9mm with a short sweet light trigger...it is an FN Hi-Power. Glocks and XDs are not pretty...they are tools...like a saw or shovel. Tools that work pretty well....well, the Glock does anyways!

Still...what is STI aksing for these pistols? Nobody here mentions the price. How much is it selling for?

My guess is that STI has done with this Slovakian import, what Springfield did with the XD..take a Euro import, put thier name on it and ramp up its price. I can remember the Croatian HS 2000 selling for 300 bucks, add Springfield to the slide and suddenly its 499. Amazing how that works.

Also...who is selling these things...I don't see them anywhere.

- brickboy240

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    They are around $600.

Besides, what you are forgetting is that there is alot of effort and work behind importing a pistol. STI should be able to make a profit, otherwise what is the reason for bringing the pistol to market.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    And you can not get them from directly Grand Power in Slovakia (and also wouldn't have STI's great factory improvements)
    But OK, your mind is made up against the great GP6m but I would advise Anyone who wants one to get an order in thru your local FFL to get the order to STI FAST...
    After the Jan. '09 they and all others will be taxed out of most people's reach (100% Federal Tax?)

I just feel very , very lucky to have gotten mine in the first shipment. Because the next shipment won't be sent until "sometime in the 1st quarter of next year" according to STI.
    I, htxred, Texas1911 and a few others may be the only few that ever gets one on these awesome pistols!
    (imagine how much ours, and the few others that get in now will be worth then!!)

dS

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    One of the local STI delaers here quoted me $645, which is kind of high for a 9mm in my opinion, but then heck HK can get away with getting $700-$800 or more on some 9mms so what do I know. I have yet to see any dealer stock them, but then ironically STI's are hard to come by on dealer shelves around here. If STI and GP can work the supply side a bit more efficiently the price will come down a bit as the new wears off and stocks get more consistent. Although the Messiah may throw a wrench into that equation :(

My biggest gripe was the mag prices quoted at $40+ For my finances, bashing them puppies around at a match is going to be pretty hard to swallow.

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    the GP6 cannot be compared to a glock or a xd since both of those guns are double action, the GP6 is single action. the trigger break and reset are unmatched, there is no other polymer single action out there with a short and crisp reset like it. even the SIG's SRT is no match. you really have to get your hands on one and shoot it to understand and appreciate what you're paying for.

DoubleActionCHL

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2008
    Spring, Texas
    I've seen them, shot them and heard everybody talk about them. What I don't get is everyone comparing them to Glock and Springfield, when the most obvious comparison is the Beretta Px4. They're very, very similar in shape, design (even down to the rotating barrel) and functionality. The single-action trigger is very nice for an off-the-shelf handgun, but double action is a bit gritty; nothing a little strokin' with some 600 grit couldn't fix.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    TAZ,
    I've been to my local STI factory. They were gracious enough to let me test fire it at the range before it was offered to the public. Great outfit with incredable customer service.

And they told me that I'd get a better price from an FFL, which I did.
    $595.
    Try ordeing thru another local FFL and see their price.
    It comes with 2 mags.

DoubleActionCHL,
    The only reason Glock and XD's were mentioned is because Brickboy240 tried to compare them, without even holding or trying a GP6.
    Yes, it is "similar in some ways" to a Berreta PX4 Storm, but different in that, like all other pistols I've ever field stripped, the barrel never is in direct contact with the guide rod or spring. It operates totally independent of direct connection.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    But the GP6 is Not exactly as produced stock by Grand Power.
    STI required the Slovakian company to make improvements on it, before they would import and sell it in US.

All the other countries that have or will get K100s won't be as good as the GP6.

Among other improvements, the modified import has truly about the sweetest light trigger you'll EVER feel!
    AND the warranty by STI has not been voided by the trigger job, because they required it from Grand Power as "stock" for their GP6.

I feel So Lucky to own one!
    (at the "Pre-Obama" taxing price)
    Far and Away...my favorite pistol now in my numerous collection!~

Chevalier

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Hi All-

As a result of the comments here, I purchased a GP6 a couple of days ago. I hope to have it home soon - 3 day waiting period here in IL. I'm now looking at a STI in .45 as well....too many choices....

For those of you that have the GP6, is there any particular ammo that it prefers?

I appreciate any advice you can give me and Merry Christmas to you all!

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    i've fed all kinds of ammo through mine and have not had any problems. sucks that although its a polymer weapon, you cannot run it maint. free like a glock. you actually have to clean the GP6 and keep it well oiled since its a rotating bbl.

STI in .45, look at the trojan or the spartan. if those two dont interest you then the legacy will..

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    I disagree HTXred,
    Yes, I've run ALL Kinds of different grained 9mm ammo, of different brands thru mine...with NO hicup or problem at all...but mine shoots "dirty" (without cleaning) Very Well!...without fail. Try the gun lube/cleaner that I use...GUNZILLA, it has No compare:
    http://www.topduckproducts.com/

Chevalier,
    Since you are one of the lucky ones to get this Great pistol, the STI GP6 will shoot ANY good 9mm ammo you buy and run thru it, "dirty" or clean.
    I'm SO happy to be one of a few that will own this Awesome pistol, before "Obamma Taxes" will make it out of the price range for general (not wealthy) shooters!

Enjoy,
    Merry Christmas,
    dS

jbcalhoun

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Midland, TX.
    Because of all the good reviews on this pistol, I can no longer resist. It will ship on the 5th of Jan. I can hardly wait!

Brad

Merry Christmas/Happy New Year

Chevalier

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    I disagree HTXred,
    Yes, I've run ALL Kinds of different grained 9mm ammo, of different brands thru mine...with NO hicup or problem at all...but mine shoots "dirty" (without cleaning) Very Well!...without fail. Try the gun lube/cleaner that I use...GUNZILLA, it has No compare:
    TopDuck Products, LLC - Creators of Gunzilla

Chevalier,
    Since you are one of the lucky ones to get this Great pistol, the STI GP6 will shoot ANY good 9mm ammo you buy and run thru it, "dirty" or clean.
    I'm SO happy to be one of a few that will own this Awesome pistol, before "Obamma Taxes" will make it out of the price range for general (not wealthy) shooters!

Enjoy,
    Merry Christmas,
    dS

Thanks daddySEAL!

I'll check that out since this is my first handgun (I shoot trap & skeet with a Berretta 303). For practice, I picked up some Independence 115 gr. FMJ as it was $14 a box of 50 and a box of Cor-Bon +P 115 gr. DPX for keeping at home. If all brands will work, then I'll get whatever is cheaper for practice while I'm taking lessons.

Merry Christmas!

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    I disagree HTXred,
    TopDuck Products, LLC - Creators of Gunzilla

Chevalier,

Enjoy,
    Merry Christmas,
    dS
    how many rounds have you shot through yours? my guess would be not much.

pure design of it will explain that you need to maintain the gun or the slide will not rack back. its a ROTATING BBL that needs to be well oiled. when it gets dry and starts to have carbon buildup, how do you suppose it will rotate?

Top Bottom