• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    Not sure how many TGT members had a chance to run a mag or two through it at the Shiloh/TGT bbq, but i think this is the next polymer on get list. The rest is basically a 1911 reset on a polymer da/sa pistol. freakin schweeeet, and with a rotating bbl (like the beretta) its pretty much a nail driver so long as you know your basics when it comes to shooting. lol. its not gonna make a blind man a marksman!

few things i dont like about it would probably just be the cosmetics, i'd definitely would hand mine over to Dale Hunnicutt and have him do adjustments to the frame, other then that, i really think comptac should quickly make holsters for it! My boss and owner of Shiloh shooting range put all 10 in the bullseye with his first magazine. The look on his face when he showed me was priceless, then he went and ruined his target with a rapid fire, but all shots were still center mass. The reset is basically non-existant. Unlike other polymer pistols, as soon as you begin to release pressure from the trigger, it resets, great for follow up shots and really helps stay on target. Few mentioned the dislikes of a thumb safety, but with a trigger that light, thumb safeties come in handy. I predict the GP6 to become a staple in the competitive shooting world around these parts and i know of a few that will consider conceal carrying it as well.

from what i've read/talked, STI got everything ready for shipment and should start disbursing in september.

STI International - GP6

GP6_0408_Main_800w.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I have the Spartan and it is one my favorites.I saw the GP6 at the Las Vegas show and can"t wait till the BATFE approves it.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    While I didn't get a chance to shoot it, I was impressed with the groupings I saw of everyone shooting it in the lane next to me! Target after target, person after person, the groupings were all fist sized and smaller (including some pretty fast rapid fire). I'm sure the few of you that I saw shoot it have a good grasp on your firing fundamentals, but still the gun seemed to make the job that much easier. ;)

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    looks like i'll be getting one if there is one left after all the customers pick theirs up. in the meantime, im trying to piece together a rifle build. looking to get a gas piston ar15, flat top with free float rail and flip up sights. problem is, i cant find anything under 1500 that includes a ctr stock. lol.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Darn, darn, darn, I've been wanting to shoot one of those badly but was so distracted I never even browsed the STI table.

I hope they bring in the threaded model making a can easy to add.

daddySEAL

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 12, 2008
    Leander, TX
    STI's GP6 cleared final approval for import/sale..being delivered SOON!

STI told me a week ago (early September) that it had cleared the final hurdle (the Slovakian International export permit) and shipment for those already with outstanding orders for their STI improved version of the K100(called GP6) should be receiving the great pistol in a late September 1st shipment (already sold out for 1st shipment).

The Slovakian company Grand Power is "STI modifying" their excellent K100 with a trigger job, improved hammer and internal modifications, etc. before shipping to STI at their request.

Yipeeeee!
    (I'm one!)

dS

htxred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2008
    inner loop houston
    someone call STI and let them know that houston is basically under attack by the unemployed, unethical looters. we law abiding citizens need protection in the size of a compact, polymer pistol with a rotating bbl and hair reset trigger.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    someone call STI and let them know that houston is basically under attack by the unemployed, unethical looters. we law abiding citizens need protection in the size of a compact, polymer pistol with a rotating bbl and hair reset trigger.

So you are saying you need a 7" M1A in .308? STI needs to make this as well.

Top Bottom