DK Firearms

Stick and/or knife combatives partner (NW San Antonio)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Hey all,

A bit off topic for a gun board but I've found many "gun folk" are also into combatives. Anyone interested in getting together and doing some stick or knife combatives training?

I've been studying for over 25 years and I've been teaching for about 7 years. I can provide details on my background or referrals if someone is interested. Most of what I teach is rooted in Filipino systems and WWII combatives. Very pragmatic approach to teaching and to fighting.

I was teaching at a Krav School until I moved to TX a few months ago and I need to start training again so I'm looking for a training partner.

To be clear, this is free training. I'm not opening a school or anything. Just looking for a training partner or two.

If anyone is interested let me know. We can meet, talk and see if we are on the same page.
    Capitol Armory ad

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    Hey all,

A bit off topic for a gun board but I've found many "gun folk" are also into combatives. Anyone interested in getting together and doing some stick or knife combatives training?

I've been studying for over 25 years and I've been teaching for about 7 years. I can provide details on my background or referrals if someone is interested. Most of what I teach is rooted in Filipino systems and WWII combatives. Very pragmatic approach to teaching and to fighting.

I was teaching at a Krav School until I moved to TX a few months ago and I need to start training again so I'm looking for a training partner.

To be clear, this is free training. I'm not opening a school or anything. Just looking for a training partner or two.

If anyone is interested let me know. We can meet, talk and see if we are on the same page.

I am in Corpus, so I cannot participate. I would love to do krav again.

Big Phil

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2013
    SATX
    I'd be interested but I have a weird schedule. The only "combatives" training I have is some Jiu Jitsu, so I'm not sure how good of a training partner if be.

PM inbound.

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    Don't sweat your background at all. Not combatives background, no problem. As long as you can be consistent in showing up on a regular basis it's all good. I really enjoy sharing what little I know.

Big Phil, I'll respond to your PM. I have a pretty flexible schedule so we can probably work out a time that works.

pvtsnowbal82, Drop me a PM and we can grab a coffee and I'll get you my contact info.

TAVM

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2014
    Bodhi,

I was a martial arts guy for decades before becoming a gun guy. The majority of my stuff was hand-to-hand though, Karate/TKD/Kung Fu, Boxing, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, a little BJJ here and there...out of shape at this point as I've toned things down...but can still move pretty Ok as far as technique goes.

Where abouts are you located in town? I used to train with folks out of my house and a friend's house as well...but adult life and other priorities have since minimized discretionary time resources. I might try and meet up with you when possible.

bodhi

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 28, 2013
    TAVM,

I'm in NW by OP Schnabel. Pretty sure that' where I'll be training.

I hear you on adult life. Things get in the way sometimes =)

To me it's all tools I can use depending on where I am on the force escalation scale. Sometimes a firearm isn't the answer. Sometimes a firearm can;t be the answer because one isn't available. I actually use the stick and knife to teach body mechanics and combat appropriate attributes. Power, timing, footwork, etc. My method actually carries over very well to firearms and shooting on the move as well because of my focus on body mechanics. Only if you shoot isosceles ;)

Drop me a PM if you're interested and we can talk.

Top Bottom