Convincing yourself.jpg
    Hurley's Gold

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Didn't want to scan 26 pages of earlier posts so my apologies if this is a dupe. When you do get your payment, a few days later you will get a letter from the IRS confirming your direct deposit. I guess they recycled the old letters from January because they all say $1200 direct deposit for qualifying couples, not the $2800 those receiving the full amount will receive. I would assume, reading posts on other forums, that the same is true for all of the letters...incorrect amount in the letter but correct amount in the deposit
    Yeah I got a letter on Wednesday, dated March 1st, saying I should see a direct deposit within a week of the letter. Hmmm.

popsgarland

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    DFW area
    I got a letter today stating that I should have my check in 7 days, if not to call them. The letter has a phone number with it and I bet, if I had to call, I would have a very long wait on hold because of the others who didn't get their check calling.

We shall see.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I got a letter today stating that I should have my check in 7 days, if not to call them. The letter has a phone number with it and I bet, if I had to call, I would have a very long wait on hold because of the others who didn't get their check calling.

We shall see.

Or you are being scammed and are actually on hold with someone in Nigeria at $47 a minute. ;)

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I just checked the website and they are mailing it to me? They deposited the first one, mailed the second one and now they are mailing this one. I have no idea why they wouldnt just deposit it

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I just checked the website and they are mailing it to me? They deposited the first one, mailed the second one and now they are mailing this one. I have no idea why they wouldnt just deposit it
    Yep.
    Deposited first one, mailed the second one, now depositing the third...

Reactions: MTA

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Received the famous misprinted notice yesterday about $1200 and I should receive within 7 days. IRS site still shows nothing though mine would be a check.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    The website says I'll get a direct deposit on the 24th. That strikes me as a little weird since I've never gotten a direct deposit from the IRS. I've always opted for a paper check. In fact, that's how I got my tax refund a few weeks ago.

Weird, yeah, but I'll take it.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Good news, bad news. I forgot to enter the bank routing & account info on my 1040, -DANG IT! -which I thought would delay IRS refund & stimulus forever (via snail mail). But I got the refund in USPS today! So maybe.....

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    The website says I'll get a direct deposit on the 24th. That strikes me as a little weird since I've never gotten a direct deposit from the IRS. I've always opted for a paper check. In fact, that's how I got my tax refund a few weeks ago.

Weird, yeah, but I'll take it.
    If you receive Social Security, they probably used that address of record and that may also explain the week delay.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    If you receive Social Security, they probably used that address of record and that may also explain the week delay.
    I don't so that doesn't apply.

My post was a bit tongue-in-cheek because I have extensive knowledge about how the IRS knows who banks where. I am, however, a bit confused why they chose a new method to convey the money to me.

Ultimately, it's no big deal.

Top Bottom