• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RobsterCraw

Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Austin
    Still looking for quality stippling work on my Glock 17. Any suggestions? Cold Bore down in Houston isnt accepting new work for awhile :banghead:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Honestly I don't understand why you wouldn't do it yourself. Glocks are hardly a show piece so if you mess up, just keep manipulating the plastic.

Whisky

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Honestly I don't understand why you wouldn't do it yourself. Glocks are hardly a show piece so if you mess up, just keep manipulating the plastic.

not sure that answers the OP'rs question..... personally I wouldn't want to do that (myself) to any of my pistols

assaultthesalt

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Needville
    I have a Glock 22 that I stippled myself.....no problem.....but the beavertail, magwell and grip reduction that was needed, I left to the professional. LOL

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    not sure that answers the OP'rs question..... personally I wouldn't want to do that (myself) to any of my pistols
    Sure it does, DIY.

That said, talk is cheap so I setup to do my 1st stippling today and rather than start on a Glock, I *practiced* on an AR Thermold mag.

It was brutal! .. lol

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Sure it does, DIY.

That said, talk is cheap so I setup to do my 1st stippling today and rather than start on a Glock, I *practiced* on an AR Thermold mag.

It was brutal! .. lol

its the simplest thing ever if I can do it anyone can your pushing too hard and rushing it probably. all you need is to take your time and use light pressure. Youre probably over thinking it

Last edited:

AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    Light pressure and right when it starts to melt lift up blow on it to cool it if you have to. Also I don't poke straight down I go at a 45 probably( makes an aggressive grip) I got a iron with removable tips try different tips if yours has the option or put a temp controller on(if possible?)

sent from the bathroom

Top Bottom