• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I just got this today. I love it. Everything I expected from this fine firearm.
    100 rounds of magtech 115 FMJs and she ate them all up with no failures straight out of the box.

Hope you all enjoy the pics.
    IMG_2969.gif

IMG_2970.gif

IMG_2971.gif

IMG_2972.gif

IMG_2973.gif

IMG_2974.gif

IMG_2984.gif

IMG_2985.gif

IMG_2983.gif

IMG_2977.gif
    Military Camp

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I'm sure it did. Onac255 that gun is nice.How was the accuracy.I heard they were set to shoot point of aim.Man I'm jealous.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    I see the lower is not polymer.Had a lot of people ask if it was a polymer gun.You need to post a pic on USguntalk to show that guy who was looking for a high cap non-polymer gun.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Nope it is aluminum lower. As for accuracy it shoots better than I can. I still can't believe this gun is a tack driver with the tiny sub 4 inch barrel.

Recoil is so light it feels like a .32!! Awesome Gun and I recommend it to anyone looking for a great 9mm under $450.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Love mine! It's accuracy and minimal recoil is due to the short recoil rotating locking barrel I believe. Spare factory magazines are still around and available so get some.

What color is your frame? Did you Duracoat it or did it come that way? Mine is black but I like the color on yours.

FYI, drop in on the Beretta forum www.berettaforum.net to meet other owners. I have yet to hear anyone say they didn't like their Cougar.

Very reliable and still available 124gr. NATO ball M882 ammo in mine. I have seen what it can do when the shooter does his/her part. Regardless of what advertised super-ammo the "experts" in the gun-rags try to sell you, NATO ball has a long history and has made many recipients very, very dead. It always feeds and always goes bang.

Good luck!

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Hornady tap is great ammo.DRT ammo is also a good defense round but is extremely expensive and hard to find.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Love mine! It's accuracy and minimal recoil is due to the short recoil rotating locking barrel I believe. Spare factory magazines are still around and available so get some.

What color is your frame? Did you Duracoat it or did it come that way? Mine is black but I like the color on yours.

FYI, drop in on the Beretta forum www.berettaforum.net to meet other owners. I have yet to hear anyone say they didn't like their Cougar.

Very reliable and still available 124gr. NATO ball M882 ammo in mine. I have seen what it can do when the shooter does his/her part. Regardless of what advertised super-ammo the "experts" in the gun-rags try to sell you, NATO ball has a long history and has made many recipients very, very dead. It always feeds and always goes bang.

Good luck!

Thanks. My frame looks almost black in person but if you look at it closely it is like a really dark navy blue and that is why it looks like that in the pics.

It came that way...

Oh and it also came with a METAL guide rod. I thought Cougars had plastic guide rods from the factory.

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    Cool!

The current model 92's come with a plastic guide rod but I believe the steel guide rod is standard for the Cougar. I have several 92s, some with metal guide rods and some with plastic. According to Beretta USA the metal guide rod only adds weight and the plastic flexes on recoil so the slide will not bind up. I think they consider the plastic one an improvement, not a way to make it cheaper.

On the Cougar it looks like they use steel because of the straight recoil design and need to keep the parts aligned perfectly. I'll ask my son. He's a Mechanical Engineer and figures things like this out by looking at them.

Be sure and keep the channels in the barrel lightly lubed, at least until it is broken in. The slide should move as smooth as silk since the barrel never has to move during the firing sequence. Very nice design.

Shoot sefely,

WB5MHA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Houston
    I notice you rested your pistol on the "Beretta Shotglass" that came in the box. Hang on to it. Believe it or not they are kind of collector's items and sold on Ebay.

Really it is just placed in the box to prevent damage if the box should be crushed by other cargo.

You can use it as a Beretta Jello mold!

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I notice you rested your pistol on the "Beretta Shotglass" that came in the box. Hang on to it. Believe it or not they are kind of collector's items and sold on Ebay.

Really it is just placed in the box to prevent damage if the box should be crushed by other cargo.

You can use it as a Beretta Jello mold!

Lol that is cool Stoeger Jello Shots!!!

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Cool!

The current model 92's come with a plastic guide rod but I believe the steel guide rod is standard for the Cougar. I have several 92s, some with metal guide rods and some with plastic. According to Beretta USA the metal guide rod only adds weight and the plastic flexes on recoil so the slide will not bind up. I think they consider the plastic one an improvement, not a way to make it cheaper.

On the Cougar it looks like they use steel because of the straight recoil design and need to keep the parts aligned perfectly. I'll ask my son. He's a Mechanical Engineer and figures things like this out by looking at them.

Be sure and keep the channels in the barrel lightly lubed, at least until it is broken in. The slide should move as smooth as silk since the barrel never has to move during the firing sequence. Very nice design.

Shoot sefely,

Supposedly Stoeger is bringing out new models with an accessory rail.

The_Vigilante

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Far West Texas
    Good luck with your new pistol. Hope nothing goes wrong with it since Stoeger pulled out of the US market. Not sure who will handle their warranty work-you may want to find out! It sure won't be Academy!!!

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Good luck with your new pistol. Hope nothing goes wrong with it since Stoeger pulled out of the US market. Not sure who will handle their warranty work-you may want to find out! It sure won't be Academy!!!

When Did Stoeger pull out of the US Market?:confused: oh and Benelli handles Stoeger here in the states...

Top Bottom