• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    Hello Again Everyone
    Update on the Stolen Carl Walthers 9MM Kurz / 380ACP that was stolen in San Angelo, Tx at the Clarion Hotel room 303 on August 13, 2016. The firearm has been recovered in a Police stop in San Angelo, Tx on October 24, 2016 as calls came in for shots fired and the policeman doing patrol located the vehicle and the San Angelo Police recovered the pistol and the Detective in charge of working the case has called. Now i've got to verify the serial number. Problem is I never wrote the serial number down. My Father got his concealed carry license with this firearm and we've located the original owners but no one can seem to produce the serial number. The Gun was bought at Nagels Gun Shop in San Antonio, Tx in the early part of 2001-02 we believe and after calling Nagels and talking to the gentleman on the phone he said they would have to pull all the records from those time periods and that would cost him dearly in man power so he declined the search. Does anyone have any suggestions?

http://sanangelolive.com/news/crime...ree-arrests-stolen-gun-narcotics-and-warrants

http://sanangelolive.com/news/crime...ment-pack-heat-against-criminals-over-weekend

The first link is of the incident and the second link has their prom pictures. Sadly this used to be a quiet little town. Yes we always had our share of crime but it seems that after the last oil field bust it has increased dramatically. Thankfully the gun was recovered and hopefully you will be able to find the serial number and get it back.
    Hurley's Gold

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    How did they know the gun was stolen, unless they had the serial number on a report?

Yup. And if the gun was purchased from an FFL, I would imagine there's a 4473 with your father's name on it somewhere.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    The Gun was bought at Nagels Gun Shop in San Antonio, Tx in the early part of 2001-02 we believe and after calling Nagels and talking to the gentleman on the phone he said they would have to pull all the records from those time periods and that would cost him dearly in man power so he declined the search. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    Ask him to give an estimation on how long that would take and negotiate a fee to compensate him for his time.

Top Bottom