• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Hi
    I'm new here and wanted to say hi to all my fellow Texans and gun enthusiasts.
    I recently had my fathers pistol stolen in San Angelo, Tx at the Clarion Hotel room 303 on August 13, 2016
    It was a Carl Walther's PPK/S 9MM Kurz/380ACP with a Deep Blued Finish
    I'm heart broken and feel totally violated by the Staff of the Clarion Hotel!! Here's a Message I just sent the Owners of the Silver Spurs Gun Shows, if anyone has any suggestions or advise I'd enjoy hearing it.
    Hi Kim
    Thank You so much, we know who did it but have no recourse or way to search the premises or his living quarters on the sixth floor or the "End maintenance room" on the end of the 3rd floor that was very close to our room (#303) of the Clarion Hotel. It was the Head Engineer as he called himself. My Father Melvin J. Kessler Jr. carried this Carl Walther's PPK/S 9MM Kurz with his concealed carry license and he used a gun bag he made out of an old Diabetic blood glucose checker carry Case that was Heavy Black Canvas, it held the Walthers Packaging and a box of Winchester bullets perfectly. It had a front pouch also. My dad died in 2010 with complications from diabetes since he was 33 years old, he fought it badly for nearly 50 years.
    I'm sickened by the event and have concluded exactly how and when he took the firearm, We were walking in the side door and I told Barbara that we'd better not leave the pistol in the van and that we should take it to the room, this was Saturday evening. We encountered a gentleman picking up caution cones near the elevator and asked him if he worked there and he said he was the head of Maintenance and was titled "Head Engineer".
    We went on to tell him that we had a mattress in our room that was collapsed and needed to be replaced. He kindly rode the elevator up to the third floor and followed us to the room and waited as I sat down the pistol in it's bag and the little cooler I was carrying to open the door, we entered and I let him go first ahead of me because its a narrow passage. As I entered the room behind him I layed down the Gun in it's case on a footstool near the door and Barbara sat here purse next to it. He promptly looked at the defective mattress and removed it and in doing so he sorta slipped behind and momentarily crouched behind it as he slide it past the bed I was perched on and it was at that point he snagged the bag with the gun it and I never noticed it was missing or not sitting there anylonger. We exited the room after he brought the new mattress in and made the bed and left the room and as we walked down the hall he stood just around the corner partially exposing himself and watching us and asked if we were gonna be alright finding the pool, we replied yes and the elevator door closed. As we rode down on the elevator I mentioned to Barbara that the maintenance man asking us if we were gonna be alright was a little weird especially how he was stood halfway behind the corner in the hallway. It keep bothering me so after about an hour I made a trip up the room and noticed something wasn't right but just couldn't place what it was so I went back down stairs and told Barb I must be going crazy that something didn't look right about our room but that I couldn't place exactly what it was, it was then that it dawned on me the Gun bag wasn't laying on the little footstool so we ran back up to the room and sure it was no where to be found so we called the police. The funny part about all of this was that barbs purse was sitting right next to the gun bag with $500.00 laying in the top of it along with her wallet and it was untouched, nothing but the gun bag was gone and when the officer summed him to the room he was more than willing to check the Integrity of the Lock on the door. Incidentally that didn't reveal anything. So in short the gun was stolen as lay there watching him drag the mattress out of the room in the very beginning.
    Military Camp

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I hate to hear things like this and sorry for the loss. Welcome to the forum in spite of it and though that particular gun would not be something I would be looking for or know too much about, there are surely others here that would recognize it if they came across it. Let us know if you make any more progress on getting it back home.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    He probably thought he was stealing drugs since it was in a medical pouch. High functioning heroin addicts use the same type of case. Can't call the cops for stolen heroin. Dude is screwed now...

tmd11111

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    San Angelo, Tx
    I live in San Angelo so I'll keep an eye out for it on some of our local gun pages on Facebook and Craigslist. If you have a serial number pm me it or post it on here to help identify it.

Blade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Thank You very much

I live in San Angelo so I'll keep an eye out for it on some of our local gun pages on Facebook and Craigslist. If you have a serial number pm me it or post it on here to help identify it.
    Hi
    This is all one could possibly hope for and I truly thank everyone for trying to help locate and recover the pistol. The family has put out a $600.00 cash reward for the return of the pistol as it meant so much to our family. This was my dad's first Pistol he'd ever bought and he took such good care of it taking it to the ranch and gun range everytime he felt up to it and he even took down a wounded trophy buck in Cotulla,Tx in December of 2007 with it, he guarded this pistol with his life. I did my very best to always be a good son and as weird as it may sound with Dad passing away and all I feel as if I've let him down now and violated that trust between a father and son, this truly sickens me!!. I'm going to be doing some leg work in trying to locate the previous owner that passed it on to him to get the serial number. It was in the original Carl Walthers Packaging with the Model and serial on it also and the importer was Inter-arms, it's stamped on the side of the pistol. Anyone with any info can contact me at 210-286-4585 or by email anytime day or night. My dad put his initials on most everything and although I didn't notice them on the gun itself they may very well be on the zipper or in the bag or the bags front pouch and extra clip that was in with the gun

Blade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Hi
    This is all one could possibly hope for and I truly thank everyone for trying to help locate and recover the pistol. The family has put out a $600.00 cash reward for the return of the pistol as it meant so much to our family. This was my dad's first Pistol he'd ever bought and he took such good care of it taking it to the ranch and gun range everytime he felt up to it and he even took down a wounded trophy buck in Cotulla,Tx in December of 2007 with it, he guarded this pistol with his life. I did my very best to always be a good son and as weird as it may sound with Dad passing away and all I feel as if I've let him down now and violated that trust between a father and son, this truly sickens me!!. I'm going to be doing some leg work in trying to locate the previous owner that passed it on to him to get the serial number. It was in the original Carl Walthers Packaging with the Model and serial on it also and the importer was Inter-arms, it's stamped on the side of the pistol. Anyone with any info can contact me at 210-286-4585 or by email anytime day or night. My dad put his initials on most everything and although I didn't notice them on the gun itself they may very well be on the zipper or in the bag or the bags front pouch and extra clip that was in with the gun
    I'm working very diligently and from every angle possible that would possibly recover the serial number of the gun. Earlier today I mentioned that I would attempt getting a hold of the Original Owner and I was successful in making this connection and he remembered the day my father picked it up from his father but sadly enough informed me that he too had passed away and that all records of this nature were destroyed to the best of his knowledge. He did go on to inform me exactly where the gun was originally purchased "Nagel's Gun Shop in San Antonio, Texas" and he gave me a specific date range of the initial purchase but unfortunately it isn't a close enough time range for Nagel's Gun Shop to manually find and pull the actual receipt, Nagel's Gun Shop representative said they are not computerized and would have to pull actual receipts by hand and they would need a much closer date range. My next thought was to contact the actual manufacturer here's what I asked,

Walthers Guns
    8-22-2016, Sent Help Email
    Hello
    My father's Carl Walther's PPK/S 9MM Kurz/380ACP Pistol was stolen on 8-13-2016 in San Angelo, Tx from the Clarion Hotel RM #303 around 7:00 PM by the head Engineer (Head Maintenance Man) of the hotel, the police were called and a report was made and a case I.d. was issued. The gun was purchased new by Nagel's Gun Shop, San Antonio, Tx between the years 2000-2003 we believe and it was sold new to one "Mr. Xxxxxxxxxxxxxc" who was born on September 3, 1935 but has since passed away. Mr. Xxxxxx Son xxxx said his father purchased this gun and sold it to my fsather all within three months of being purchased from Nagel's Gun Shop.
    Mr. Xxxxxxx (The Son) then said that his father had passed and that all his father's records of that nature had been destroyed and/or thrown out by family members after his death. We called Nagel's Gun Shop and asked if they would look up the original purchase, they said they would but that they would need a closer date range that they're not computerized and would have to manually pull the receipts for the time period requested for the sale of that very firearm but they need a closer approximation of time to do so. My hope is that Mr. Xxxxxxxxxxxxx, the original purchaser would have registered the firearm with y'all for warranty purposes and or for any other promotional reasons at the time or shortly thereafter the purchase of the gun and if y'all would have that info with the serial number so we could tell that to the Police Department in San Angelo, Texas. Another possibility is maybe we could narrow it down by what was shipped and sold to Nagel's Gun Shop during those years. I'm drawing straws here but it's all I got to go on and maybe just maybe if the number of Carl Walthers PPK/S 9MM sold to Nagel's gun shop is very few then we could get a better guesstimate of an actual date and possibly the actual gun sold to Mr. Xxxxx. It's all they gave me of my Fathers after his death and it means everything to me and it's all I had to remember my dad (Melvin Julius Kessler Jr.) by, he died in Aug 10, 2010 from complications with Diabetes. If there's anyway whatsoever I could get y'all s help I would so be in your debt. Please let me know if there's anything I haven't thought of or if you by chance have something that would help find this keepsake's identifying numbers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Hello Gun Talk
    Today it dawned on me that I've said nothing about me (the guy doing all the crying) it totally slipped my mind and but for good reason. So let's get this show on the road, many of you know me but have probably never met me in person as I sit in an office working diligently (24/7) to bring the world some of the Most Prized "NOS" and some Slightly Used Vintage American Made Cutlery there ever was from 1876 thru 2007, we currently house several thousand New Old Knives and I'd like to think it's one of the Largest Privately Owned Collections in the Great state of Texas. I represent a Disability organization here in the Great State of Texas, we've been serving the needs of the disabled individual for nearly 25 years now. Chances are if you've recently looked for a vintage pocket knife online you've seen our inventory which consists of Schrade Cut Co., Schrade Walden, Schrade, & of Course Schrade+ along with but not limited to H. Boker & Co., Boker USA, Boker, Camillus Cut Co., Camillus, MTech, Carl Schlieper, W. R. Case & Sons and the list goes on and on. The Organization I represent is called "The Door In The Wall Inc.", which is located on Medina Lake here in the scenic Texas Hill Country, we hold totally free events such as the National Independence day celebration and 4th of July Party along with Free fishing events held twice a year at Port Aransas, Texas and we offer 3-4 Free Sailing events on Canyon Lake via the Yacht Club and in the midst of all this we hold one of the Largest Nonprofit Christmas Parties in the Great State of Texas and all is for the disabled, thier families, friends and care takers who are catered too and honored the entire day complete with Santa Claus and gifts for the children. So in short we're busy most of the time seeing to the needs of others so that we may help to improve and hopefully may enhance thier lives through specially designed outdoors events geared especially for the disabled. I personally grew up very, very close to where the San Antonio Airport Sits today and if you're ever in Terminal One looking over the runway you'll notice the business park across the way and that was my fathers farm there on the Corner of North Loop Rd and Coker Loop Dr. We attended primary and secondary schools here in San Antonio and grew up learning to shoot at "West Ave. Shooting Range". Being an active hunter since the age of 5 I've been fortunate enough to hunt across most of the state of Texas from the Las Cuevas ranch near Langtry, Texas to the Cotton fields of San Angelo, St Lawrence, and Midkiff, Tx to Gulf of Mexico and beyond. Our family has been active members of the NRA for years and one of my fondest and earliest gun memories was meeting Mr. Nagel in the very early 1960's, he built old Army Surplus rifles into sporting guns and I faithfully carried mine for nearly 45 years before laying it down for the modern luxuries of Ruger and Remington Rifles, the old rifle adorns a presentation case now. If you're ever down our way look us up and if you're looking for your next dream knife gimme a shout, chances are we have it. It's great to meet all y'all and I wish everyone the very best of luck.

Blade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Schrade Collection 1 006.jpg Camillus 1012 Great Smokey Knife & Sheath Box Papers 003.jpg Schrade Stag  NKCA 1980 Founders Edition Set 004.jpg
    These are just a few quick photos of the types of stuff we carry

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    Hello Gun Talk
    Today it dawned on me that I've said nothing about me (the guy doing all the crying) it totally slipped my mind and but for good reason. So let's get this show on the road, many of you know me but have probably never met me in person as I sit in an office working diligently (24/7) to bring the world some of the Most Prized "NOS" and some Slightly Used Vintage American Made Cutlery there ever was from 1876 thru 2007, we currently house several thousand New Old Knives and I'd like to think it's one of the Largest Privately Owned Collections in the Great state of Texas. I represent a Disability organization here in the Great State of Texas, we've been serving the needs of the disabled individual for nearly 25 years now. Chances are if you've recently looked for a vintage pocket knife online you've seen our inventory which consists of Schrade Cut Co., Schrade Walden, Schrade, & of Course Schrade+ along with but not limited to H. Boker & Co., Boker USA, Boker, Camillus Cut Co., Camillus, MTech, Carl Schlieper, W. R. Case & Sons and the list goes on and on. The Organization I represent is called "The Door In The Wall Inc.", which is located on Medina Lake here in the scenic Texas Hill Country, we hold totally free events such as the National Independence day celebration and 4th of July Party along with Free fishing events held twice a year at Port Aransas, Texas and we offer 3-4 Free Sailing events on Canyon Lake via the Yacht Club and in the midst of all this we hold one of the Largest Nonprofit Christmas Parties in the Great State of Texas and all is for the disabled, thier families, friends and care takers who are catered too and honored the entire day complete with Santa Claus and gifts for the children. So in short we're busy most of the time seeing to the needs of others so that we may help to improve and hopefully may enhance thier lives through specially designed outdoors events geared especially for the disabled. I personally grew up very, very close to where the San Antonio Airport Sits today and if you're ever in Terminal One looking over the runway you'll notice the business park across the way and that was my fathers farm there on the Corner of North Loop Rd and Coker Loop Dr. We attended primary and secondary schools here in San Antonio and grew up learning to shoot at "West Ave. Shooting Range". Being an active hunter since the age of 5 I've been fortunate enough to hunt across most of the state of Texas from the Las Cuevas ranch near Langtry, Texas to the Cotton fields of San Angelo, St Lawrence, and Midkiff, Tx to Gulf of Mexico and beyond. Our family has been active members of the NRA for years and one of my fondest and earliest gun memories was meeting Mr. Nagel in the very early 1960's, he built old Army Surplus rifles into sporting guns and I faithfully carried mine for nearly 45 years before laying it down for the modern luxuries of Ruger and Remington Rifles, the old rifle adorns a presentation case now. If you're ever down our way look us up and if you're looking for your next dream knife gimme a shout, chances are we have it. It's great to meet all y'all and I wish everyone the very best of luck.

Welcome to the forum, but I won't even try to read that without paragraphs.

Blade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Hi
    Then don't, and please except my apologies. I wasn't aware that thier was rules limiting different types of writing styles. I'm not a Publicist or a novelist.
    I'm just a common guy with a love for the rights of the disabled shooter and the underprivileged at large as a whole.
    I also strongly believe in the common American's constitutional right to "Bear Arms" and to rightfully own a gun and I support the communities, such as these that endorse these same values and attempt to protect our freedoms. I'm not here to upset anyone and if I've done so please except my apologies.

Last edited:

Blade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Hi
    Then don't, and please except my apologies. I wasn't aware that thier was rules limiting different types of writing styles. I'm not a Publicist or a novelist.
    I'm just a common guy with a love for the rights of the disabled shooter and the underprivileged at large as a whole.
    I also strongly believe in the common American's constitutional right to "Bear Arms" and to rightfully own a gun and I support the communities, such as these that endorse these same values and attempt to protect our freedoms. I'm not here to upset anyone and if I've done so please except my apologies.
    I did receive an email from Walther's Guns and wanted to share the response, If anyone has any suggestions where to go from here I'm all ears.
    Thank You in advance!!
    Mark Davis <mark.davis@waltherarms.com>
    To xxxxxxxxxxxxx Today at 2:13 PM
    Hi Ralph,
    During this time period our guns were being imported by Smith and Wesson. If the records are available, they should have them.
    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    To: <customerservice@waltherarms.com>
    Cc:
    Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 17:57:25 -0500
    Subject: Walther Arms Contact Us [#17597]

Blade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    shortround; Whatever happened to creative writing?[/QUOTE said:
    I truly wish this was fictional!!
    Creative Writing in the broad sense of the term is a Loosely used and largely misunderstood term used by many. No I lived it, I experienced the heartfelt emotions of loosing an object in my life that brought me great joy and a warm heart which filled my soul with a renewed energy everytime I looked at it or held it. My thoughts, wishes and misunderstood aspirations as a young man flowed freely once again without reservation, without any apprehensive moments of denial that the impending doom I'd be facing if dad found out. No unfortunately the gun is gone and so is dad. So any apprehensive feeling that I may be experiencing now is in the sense of Losing my best friend. It's real, it's life and it's a freaking nightmare that's keep me awake at nights. Playing it through my head time and time again only to wake up feeling like I hadn't slept, because I had not in fact closed my eyes and experienced a restful nights sleep since.
    So what's next I ask myself, I know I'll take to the people for review and explanation I thought. My son suggests Gun Talk, he says that should help dad. So I asked him how and why so he went on to explain that with the invention of the internet came global unification of the common man with real life problems and real life answers, so I joined Gun Talk yesterday and stated the factual nature of my problem and what did I get? I receive a public lashing for being politically incorrect in my approach due to my style of writing. So here it is guys, I am who I am and I'm not entertaining changing any time soon. Our fore fathers wrote the constitution for 13 colonies and 3500 people in mind, not billions!! What are the law makers, politicians and the clergy supposed to do I ask, they turn to our national constitution that was written somewhere around May 25th and signed on Sept 17th, 1787 over 235 years ago. Traditionalists say it's law, politicians say it's outdated, our present day commander and chief all but ignores it.
    I'm a common guy who has lived in South Texas all of his natural life. They loved me, they feed me and they clothed me and then they sent me to school and then as remember it they said go to work boy, go to church and make yourself a family and the rest will fall into place. Well I heeded the words of the man who raised me and I went to work, made a family and occasionally went to church and like he said everything fell into place. Now the man who raised me is gone, the school I went to gives their lunches away and the teachers call CPS at the drop of hat when a child comes to school and says My Daddy Whipped me cause I was smoking pot and stealing beer from the corner store. The lawyers and the judges point the finger at the parent for not raising thier kids right and then they send the kid right back out on the street to do it all over again. I ask you in all sincerity, what happened to our country?
    Now for my last and final question is this what you meant by Creative writing?

Blade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Hello Ladies and Gentlemen
    UPDATE:
    No forward progress is being made with the recovery of the stolen Carl Walther's 9MM Kurz Pistol that I have heard but I don't guess that's a big surprise to anyone. However some discussion and thoughts were shared by the Original purchasers son.
    He stated that he had a pistol stolen out of the front seat of his vehicle some time ago. He explained that the serial number, make and model along with a good description of the perpetrator was given to the authorities and that they found the person and the weapon but the weapon was still destroyed by the authorities. Unsolicited he offered his heartfelt opinion, it was very strongly composed I might add. What I gathered from the conversation is that the police felt that by the weapon being stolen, it was just another gun on the streets and that it could be used against them and it was better off being destroyed. The ole "One Less Gun Theory", I'm not sure I buy into that theory but I suppose there could be some truth to it all. He seemed to be very adamant that this would be the outcome if it was recovered. I'm not convinced nor do I agree but I truly don't know what the end result will be if the weapon is recovered. I've given the statement some thought and I wonder if this is even plausible. The authorities have the rightful obligation to return your stolen property, do they not?

Blade

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2016
    Hello Again Everyone
    Update on the Stolen Carl Walthers 9MM Kurz / 380ACP that was stolen in San Angelo, Tx at the Clarion Hotel room 303 on August 13, 2016. The firearm has been recovered in a Police stop in San Angelo, Tx on October 24, 2016 as calls came in for shots fired and the policeman doing patrol located the vehicle and the San Angelo Police recovered the pistol and the Detective in charge of working the case has called. Now i've got to verify the serial number. Problem is I never wrote the serial number down. My Father got his concealed carry license with this firearm and we've located the original owners but no one can seem to produce the serial number. The Gun was bought at Nagels Gun Shop in San Antonio, Tx in the early part of 2001-02 we believe and after calling Nagels and talking to the gentleman on the phone he said they would have to pull all the records from those time periods and that would cost him dearly in man power so he declined the search. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Top Bottom