• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Last summer came out of an Academy after 35- 40 minutes of shopping (longer than I usually spend ) and got in my suv, started it up, Thought who the hecks firing up their Harley next to me I don't see them. It was my missing c/c. Thought I had a loose or broken header, got home ,whole two foot section was gone. I got in touch with the store mgr. he said to come view the surv. tape. The tape showed two guys in a pickup truck pulled head in to mine, one got under the truck while the other was lookout. The truck had no front plate and he had pulled the tailgate down to obscure the back plate. Apparently platinum is a component in the c/c......Who knew?

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Got to watch your gas tank as well.
    They got a buddy's tank (plastic) on his Ford Truck.
    Punched a hole in it and drained it in his front driveway.
    I have 44 reasons and a magnum personality, so don't get caught under my truck or I'll have to share the magnum personality with you!

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    By posting it in this forum are you hoping to recover it? Believe it or not, it's common and has been for years. CC's and airbags as well.

I think the intent of the forum is to report stolen guns. If we started posting anything stolen, we'd fill up a server and still be no closer to recovering anything. Guns are different and although still a long shot to recover, there's a process and sometimes luck rains.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    Good thing diesel owners have already removed their cat...

I actually still have mine in. With the 6.0, the cat, or particulate filter since it's just a big screen that catches "particulate matter" then burns it off, it's the primary sound reducer. And with it off, a 6.0 sounds like a jet on a tarmac. The turbo whistle is ear destroying. I've got a Magnaflow system and over the years, the muffler has lost it's functionality. I've tried getting that piece of the system to eliminate the muffler all together but they won't sell pieces anymore. It comes not accepting the cat and I had a shop actually cut and weld it back in place which is a trick since the cat is only 3 1/2" in and out ad the system is a 4".

Of course a big stick will punch holes in the screen pretty easy. Running a tuner tends to send a lot more "particulate matter" into the screen, and unsuspecting drivers next to and behind me.

Texsun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    what the heck is the world coming to?? Stealing car parts from a vehicle that number 1 doesnt even belong to them.

GI-John

Hurry up and wait!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Houston/San Antonio TX
    at school

had class early in the morning only for an hour. Same happened to me except i drive a grand am. I thought the same thing about the harley being nearby. WEll there were no cams in the university parking lot...too big. Well i was conned again when i went to get it replaced. I not knowing anything about cars ok'd the mechanic to install a brand new aftermarket cat on my vehicle for a 100 bucks. He assured me all would check out in emissions and regs...IT DIDNT IT. It stopped the noise and ran quiet but it wont pass emissions in houston... owned twice.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    had class early in the morning only for an hour. Same happened to me except i drive a grand am. I thought the same thing about the harley being nearby. WEll there were no cams in the university parking lot...too big. Well i was conned again when i went to get it replaced. I not knowing anything about cars ok'd the mechanic to install a brand new aftermarket cat on my vehicle for a 100 bucks. He assured me all would check out in emissions and regs...IT DIDNT IT. It stopped the noise and ran quiet but it wont pass emissions in houston... owned twice.

The first giant sign should have been a cat for $100.

FYI, there are a ton of things that might cause you to not pass the emissions test. o2 sensors are a big one.

Another good reason to drive a diesel, $14 inspections because there is no emissions check.

Top Bottom