Stolen CC used to buy a scooter at Urban moto

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by TexMex247, Jun 24, 2009.

1. TexMex247

TexMex247 Well-Known TGT Supporter

May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Well, after three years doing business in central Austin, we have finally been visited by a local scam artist. Yesterday around 3pm some kid comes in lookin' to buy a scooter. He immediately gravitated towards a recent trade-in we recieved. Everything seemed perfectly Kosher, as he even filled out a demo ride agreement and let us take a photocopy of his ID and write down his SSN number. Little did we know, he was using a recently stolen credit card to finance his new toy. 24hrs later, we get a call from the card owner who told us she has already talked to her bank about the card and charges. Now her stolen property problem has become ours. We have already contacted APD and given them all the info on hand. I just wanted to let other business owners know, theives today obviously come in all shapes and sizes. This particular one is a young man(about 20-26) named Jordan Smith who stands about 6'3" with reddish hair and little or no brains. Who volunteers copies of their ID to purchase stolen products ? Right now he is probably buzzing around central austin on his 08 Jonway Black and silver chinese scooter with a sticker on the side that reads "government is not the answer". Given all the info we(and Austin APD) have on him, it should be only moments before he is caught. Just wanted to let others out there know, just in case he stops by your place of business and tries to pull one over on you.

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Looks like he will be safe when the zombies come.........:lolz:

3. TxEMTP69

TxEMTP69 TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    is he related to Billal?

4. dbgun

dbgun TGT Addict

Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope things work out for you.

5. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I'm not implying any thing with this question I just want to know. Don't you match the ID and the name on the CC?
    I'm sorry to hear you got scammed. And at least he is stupid, he'd be hard to catch if he was smart.:rofl:

6. TexasRedneck

TexasRedneck 1911 Nut Lifetime Member

Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Well, did they snag him yet???

7. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas

;)

This happens every day about as many times as people sneeze.

8. Big country

Big country TGT Addict

Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    I know, I just wondered if he was using a fake DL. Like I said I'm not attacking anyone or trying to be condescending about anything I'm sorry if it came out that way.

9. TexMex247

TexMex247 Well-Known TGT Supporter

May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    No offense taken Big Country. The salesman(one of my partners) did NOT check to see if the names matched. However, it extremely common for our customers to use outside financing like a relatives or parents CCs. The real kicker is that it was a girls name on the card with a different last name too. Trust me, our shop policies have already changed about this one. On a positive note, one of my other partners saw him on the scooter this morning and tailed him to Barton Creek Mall(same place I think the girls purse was stolen). He waited there for me, so we could put a lock on the bike and scour the mall for him. By the time I got there he had just been cuffed. So, as it goes, if you want somethin' done, then do it yourself. Tonight there will be one less theif on the streets of Austin thanks to our efforts.

10. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    /\/\ YEE-HAW...score one for the good guys!!:happy0001: