Join TexasGunTalk

Stolen Dodge 2500 Hd 5.9 Cummins

Discussion in 'San Antonio' started by shortround, Nov 8, 2013.

1. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Folks,

Please be on the lookout for a 2005 Silver over Grey two tone Dodge Heavy Duty Quad Cab with Texas Disabled Veteran Plates.

It is probably in Mexico by now, but if the thieves could not find a buyer, it will be sitting in some obscure parking lot in the city.

Your eyes are appreciated.

SAPD non emergency phone number is: 210-207-7273

2. Glockster69

Glockster69 TGT Addict

Jul 1, 2011
    Been off site for hours and come back to find this?!? That blows, hope they find it in descent condition.

Hope there were no real valuables inside too. Good luck.

3. Vaquero

Vaquero Pre-ban Staff Member Admin

Apr 4, 2011
    Out West
    Good luck.

4. txbikerman

txbikerman TGT Addict

Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    hopefully it will be found in decent shape

5. Charlie

Charlie Time is the thief of memory! TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    We'll keep an eye out for it up the road here.

6. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Truck was found in South Texas by the U.S. Border Patrol.

Turns out it was stolen not by drug smugglers, but by human traffickers.

The rear seat was ripped out and all the seat belts slashed to make room for more human cargo.

The truck was used to transport wetbacks (hey, that's what the LEO called them) from the border to San Antonio by driving cross-country through ranches, thereby avoiding roads. Lots of fence wire wrapped around the rear axle and wheels.

Other than looking like a vehicle out of a Mad-Max flick, it made it home with nary a hiccup.

Old Dodges can hang, although the speedometer, cruise control, and air conditioning, ABS, radio, power windows don't work no more.

At least it had more fuel in it than when it was stolen, plus the thieves left two 18-packs of beer in the vehicle, plus another three loose 12 oz. Bud Lights. I tossed the 15 piece box of fried chicken they left in the cab because it was cold and there were no fries or Iced Tea.

7. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Congrats... I think :sly:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

8. TexMex247

TexMex247 Well-Known TGT Supporter

May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Glad to hear you got your ride back. Down south in Pearsall, my buddys family ends up calling the local sheriff a few times a year to report abandoned vehicles out on their ranch. Similar scenario, vehicles stolen in San Antonio for trafficking or export and wind up run aground on tree stumps or fences.

9. T-FAST

T-FAST Well-Known

Mar 9, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Wow, they sure used your truck pretty hard for a few days. You keeping the truck? seems like quite the project now.....

10. shortround

shortround TGT Addict

Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Insurance adjuster took a hard long look at the truck today.

Says the damages are more than it is worth. But not to me.

Totaled.

I don't care. It only had 30,000 miles. If they fix the drive train, suspension, and electronics, I'll be way ahead of salvage value. I don't mind spraying over the scratches, dings, and dents.

I'll have my truck back, which I never intended to sell in my old age, but wanted to pass on to my inheritors.

Don't think the Insurance Company will comprehend.