• ...and so much more!
  • shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Folks,

Please be on the lookout for a 2005 Silver over Grey two tone Dodge Heavy Duty Quad Cab with Texas Disabled Veteran Plates.

It is probably in Mexico by now, but if the thieves could not find a buyer, it will be sitting in some obscure parking lot in the city.

Your eyes are appreciated.

SAPD non emergency phone number is: 210-207-7273
    Hurley's Gold

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Been off site for hours and come back to find this?!? That blows, hope they find it in descent condition.

Hope there were no real valuables inside too. Good luck.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Truck was found in South Texas by the U.S. Border Patrol.

Turns out it was stolen not by drug smugglers, but by human traffickers.

The rear seat was ripped out and all the seat belts slashed to make room for more human cargo.

The truck was used to transport wetbacks (hey, that's what the LEO called them) from the border to San Antonio by driving cross-country through ranches, thereby avoiding roads. Lots of fence wire wrapped around the rear axle and wheels.

Other than looking like a vehicle out of a Mad-Max flick, it made it home with nary a hiccup.

Old Dodges can hang, although the speedometer, cruise control, and air conditioning, ABS, radio, power windows don't work no more.

At least it had more fuel in it than when it was stolen, plus the thieves left two 18-packs of beer in the vehicle, plus another three loose 12 oz. Bud Lights. I tossed the 15 piece box of fried chicken they left in the cab because it was cold and there were no fries or Iced Tea.

TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    Glad to hear you got your ride back. Down south in Pearsall, my buddys family ends up calling the local sheriff a few times a year to report abandoned vehicles out on their ranch. Similar scenario, vehicles stolen in San Antonio for trafficking or export and wind up run aground on tree stumps or fences.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Insurance adjuster took a hard long look at the truck today.

Says the damages are more than it is worth. But not to me.

Totaled.

I don't care. It only had 30,000 miles. If they fix the drive train, suspension, and electronics, I'll be way ahead of salvage value. I don't mind spraying over the scratches, dings, and dents.

I'll have my truck back, which I never intended to sell in my old age, but wanted to pass on to my inheritors.

Don't think the Insurance Company will comprehend.

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    At least it had more fuel in it than when it was stolen, plus the thieves left two 18-packs of beer in the vehicle, plus another three loose 12 oz. Bud Lights. I tossed the 15 piece box of fried chicken they left in the cab because it was cold and there were no fries or Iced Tea.

WTH is that, HUMOR?!? ;)

Hope your challenge goes well.

Feedthemlead

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2009
    I had the same thing happen to me in Houston....truck was stripped inside and found on a south texas ranch road.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    A buddy of mine had the same thing happen with his F250 in Lockhart. It was found in a culvert in deep South TX with the interior missing too. What a royal PITA for you shortround. I hope you get it all sorted out.

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Insurance company offered a settlement far better than I expected. They even threw in $1,650 for TTL.

The adjuster low-balled me with $17,900. Insurance offer is just above $25,000.

Final settlement will be enough to get me into a used low mileage truck, but I'll refuse anything less than $32,000.

Congressman Henry Cuellar has still not replied to my complaint about Wetbacks running loose in South Texas.

If any of you live in Henry's district, please give him hell for presiding over a lawless congressional district (I-35 Corridor).

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    They dont want to do anything about the wetback situation. New democratic voters for them.
    If they would just close the border and send them back when they find them, this country would be in such a better financial position. No one really know just how much wetbacks cost this country. And to hell with the anchor child law. Growing up near the border we saw them all the time. Had to run them off all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom