• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ULCajuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Gentlemen,

Any of you know the order in loops to find out if the SAPD has recovered a stolen pistol? I had my G23 stolen out of my truck at a Hotel across from the Quarry Market and when I called to report it, not only did SAPD not come out, and I requested them to come out, but they acted like I was bothering them. I have called a few times, and I get the run around also, just wondering if any of you have heard or know of anything?

Thanks in Advance.

ULCajuns

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    So did you file a report or not?

It's unlikely you'll get it back, and even more unlikely that SAPD will "work the case". I'm sure along with yours, there are 100's of others just like it.

If it wasn't locked up, it's another good case for getting a good locking box or safe attached to your truck. I simply have a Com Box (sold under a couple different names, cable locked inside.

Hate to hear this kind of thing, but it's an every hour occurrence as opposed to every day.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    ULCajuns,

Sorry to hear of your experience with SA PD. Did you file a report over the phone? While this is not the best of situations at least it should be entered into NCIC.

I cannot speak for the agency but in a number of larger cities reports such as these are more commonly being taken over the phone, especially if there is not any suspect or physical evidence to solve the crime.

I wish this not the case but manpower in larger agencies is stretched to the limit.

Top Bottom