• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outdare

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 24, 2009
    Cumby
    Sorry for your loss. You might want to post the serial number of the Glock so that people can keep an eye out for it.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Sorry about your loss but I am glad it was not a custom 1911 race gun. Why are you slummin with Glock? Next thing you will be using those junk Wilson Combat mags.

If he is bonded you can try to get it back thru the bond. Apply with the company. You might have a better than average chance since you have a police report and a serial number.

Glad that is all he got and not something irreplaceable.

Kyreb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Houston TX
    Yeah....I bought this way back in 1994 when Clinton installed his ban. I had it built up as an entry gun for the "new" IDPA game when it came to my club in KY.

It has been a "house" gun for the last few years. I was going to give it a whirl this Saturday in the three gun match. I was looking to cut some weight from my belt. Been running a full size Para P16-40. Went to get the G17 out of hiding Saturday evening and discovered it missing.

I have no evidence and did not see the guy take the gun. Even though I am 95% he grabbed it, I am on the fence on making accusations with his employer. I am going to discuss with HPD when I file the report. I did not list my suspicions on the form.....yet anyway.

murfdog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Pearland,TX
    Man you need to go down to that Alarm place and jack that SOB up! Let the people he works for know about this issue. Some of his co-workers might have heard something or seen him with it.

+1 you need to follow up on this if he stole it he needs to be punished.Please don't give him a free ride he may do this to someone else.Keep us informed.

Murfdog

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Who knows what this guy is doing on the side. If he's openly stealing he can also be tampering with alarms and burglarizing his customers. I would have an independent company check out and test each security device. A faulty window and motion detector could negate a large part of your home.

Kyreb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    Houston TX
    Gentlemen,
    I have received a couple of requests to update this thread. So here goes.......
    I had a long discussion with HPD regarding the incident when I filed the stolen gun report. They pretty much told me what I expected.

Since I cannot say with absolute 100% certainty the alarm technician stole my glock my course of action is limited. They did take the info on the alarm company and the name and description of the technician. They are going to look into the matter to see if there are additional or future claims of theft regarding this guy. They are also turning the gun info over to their pawn shop detail.

So far as me contacting the alarm company, HPD highly recommended I stand down. They point out that if this guy gets fired over it whether he did it or not.....
    He will in all likelyhood not go to jail and he may well come looking for revenge. Considering he is armed ( thanks to my stupidity) about 6'6" and 280 or so and he has the skills to disable alarm systems he is probably not somebody to fool with.

As many of you know from previous postings here and on ARFCOM, the wife and I have enough bad folk in our neighborhood to worry about already.

So, at the risk of losing my "Internet Tough Guy" card, I am letting HPD do their thing and quietly keep kicking myself in the azz for getting into this situation.

Top Bottom