• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    My family's storage unit was burglarized this morning and my father and I had several guns taken:

Remington Model 03-A3 (03A4 military configuration) scoped 3423072 Scope mounted is Lyman Alaskan 49639
    Winchester Model 24 12ga side by side 35510
    Ruger MK1 .22 pistol 91077
    Swiss K31 CAI import marked 932801
    Ruger MK3 (We were unsure of this one being stolen, and thankfully it was found in a box inside another box)
    Russian SKS 3n6787 (Cyrillic characters won't display correctly, so the 'n' is the upside-down U with the flat-bottom)

These didn't have their serial numbers recorded anywhere:
    Winchester Model 12 pump in 20ga, with a shortened buttstock and recoil pad
    Winchester Model 1897 12ga pump, I believe the serial number was in the 1914-1917 range, but I don't remember exactly or have photos. This had "Trap Gun" factory etched or machined into the bolt or receiver
    Colt New Service, chromed with a second cylinder, hand-carved ivory grips with an open front trigger guard. One cylinder was .45 Colt, the other was .45 ACP
    Browning .22LR rifle, probably Pre-1968, had the knob-adjusted elevation on the rear sight

Really a bad situation. Aside from the K31, and the Ruger MKIII, all of these were heirlooms from my grandfather. The 03A4 was un-fired since my grandfather bought it from the CMP in the late 60's/early 70's, near museum quality condition. If anyone sees these pop up somewhere, please let me know. I spoke with FFL-holding pawn shops in the near vicinity of the storage unit, and plan on calling larger local shops tomorrow when they're open, to give them a heads up.

Thanks.
    Texas SOT

Last edited:

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    . If anyone sees these pop up somewhere, please let me know. I spoke with FFL-holding pawn shops in the near vicinity of the storage unit, and plan on calling larger local shops tomorrow when they're open, to give them a heads up.

Thanks.

Will do. I hate reading these posts!!!!

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Unlikely I'll see them here, but I'll keep an ear open. Thieves are some of the lowest forms of life.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    That truly sux.

I always thought "Who in their right mind would put guns in a storage unit?" That is -- until I had to do it myself, and hardly slept at night worrying about the storage unit's security.

Random burglaries of storage units happen, but targeting guns generally means someone knew you kept them there.

There ought to be surveillance video of the facility?

Be well. Hope you get your guns back.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Make sure Lake Austin Pawn knows. I doubt they'll get pawned, but they usually get some decent "older" firearms and would appreciate knowing what to look out for.

http://lakeaustinpawn.com/

What part of Austin are you in? These most likely get sold locally if they don't get dumped.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    For people wondering, this happened in north central Austin. I don't want to be too specific with the location, as other circumstances related to this may ultimately involve a lawsuit. Currently, the business is being cooperative with my family and the police; The details I post about this incident will be dictated by how cooperative the storage unit management is.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I only posted the firearms I had serial numbers for the other day, but the list has been updated now that my father has taken stock of what he had at his house. Just keeps getting worse.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom