• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AZGunrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    I little update: I sat down with Stafford Police yesterday. This is what they told me, "We call this area the 59 corridor, and this is common, several a day. It influxes due to task forces. Huston we go out and drive these guys down here, then we'll set up a task force and drive them back to Huston. Its always 'Crews' not individuates, these guys drop off spotters with radios and when they do the smash the car is there in seconds and they are gone." Several vehicles were hit in the same area that day. They DID get some information (plates) and some video of one of the thefts. So, maybe.....they'll catch these fucks. Any way, I just ordered a few lock boxes for my truck.

Auto insurance does not cover personal items, other than damage of vehicle. It was cheaper out of pocket. Deductible was 500, it was 300 for glass and re chip keys. (they got my spare key).

Any ways its a hard thing to swallow, cops also told me these guys are not pawning, or using the internet much any more. They'll sell to friends of friends of friends. Guns, they usually keep for them self. He did mention they were getting more guns back to people this way, they get popped with them more often.

Well, if anything else comes up, ill let you guys know. I'm headed to Ohio or Oklahoma for the new job. No time to stick around Texas lol

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I little update: I sat down with Stafford Police yesterday. This is what they told me, "We call this area the 59 corridor, and this is common, several a day. It influxes due to task forces. Huston we go out and drive these guys down here, then we'll set up a task force and drive them back to Huston. Its always 'Crews' not individuates, these guys drop off spotters with radios and when they do the smash the car is there in seconds and they are gone." Several vehicles were hit in the same area that day. They DID get some information (plates) and some video of one of the thefts. So, maybe.....they'll catch these fucks. Any way, I just ordered a few lock boxes for my truck.

Auto insurance does not cover personal items, other than damage of vehicle. It was cheaper out of pocket. Deductible was 500, it was 300 for glass and re chip keys. (they got my spare key).

Any ways its a hard thing to swallow, cops also told me these guys are not pawning, or using the internet much any more. They'll sell to friends of friends of friends. Guns, they usually keep for them self. He did mention they were getting more guns back to people this way, they get popped with them more often.

Well, if anything else comes up, ill let you guys know. I'm headed to Ohio or Oklahoma for the new job. No time to stick around Texas lol

Sorry to hear that.

Post Katrina/illegal alien/transplant influx Houston, and a good part of Texas for that matter, is arguably on par with the rest of this country's liberally run, urban cesspools.

More reason to double down on defeating the anti 2A crowd.

Join the NRA, if you do nothing else and don't already...

AZGunrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    Keep voting the bad ones out...take Texas back! From what I can tell, your governor is ready to sign some pro 2A 'things'

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge

AZGunrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    Appreciate the help Pawncop. Stafford P.D. told me these guys are not pawning weapons to often. How do you feel about that comment in you line of work? Big reduction or not so?

TN88

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 17, 2014
    Near San Antonio
    AZGunrunner, did you have any stickers on your car that might suggest that there's a firearm inside. Every day I see Glock, Browning, Sig, etc stickers on the back windows of cars and wonder if these might attract criminals.

AZGunrunner

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2015
    Negative, no decals. I said that in a earlier post. I did by chance have my dog tags hanging but after talking with Detectives this is a 'crew' that was working that day. They send spotters out that just walk parking lots and check out cars and trucks. Prolly saw the tags or just an total random hit.

Top Bottom