• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • laneman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Duncanville
    Located one of my stolen guns yesterday on Texas Gun Trader.It's now in the hands of the Cleburne Police Dept.Hoping for links to the rest.
    Laneman
    ARJ Defense ad

glockrocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Glad to hear you recovered one of your firearms laneman. But sorry to hear it was stolen in the first place, good luck with the rest. You'd have to assume the guy selling said gun on TGT is more than likely the scumbag that robbed you, right? Maybe he is still sitting on more or all of the rest.

JohnnyReb

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    DFW area
    I hope our police dept. helps out now that you've found one. Cleburne resident here. That sure doesn't make me feel cozy hearing that.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Laneman,

You said one of your guns. Are there others you have the serial number for? If so, would you post them here so I can add them to my watch list. Sorry for your loss.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    At the very least they got 'the seller' for posession of stolem property. As you said, hopwfully links to the rest.

In my (un)pleasant stolen firearm experience, the small calibers came up found on druggie thugs caught on warrants/moving violations fairly quickly (within months). I've yet to see longarms or pistols of the .380 on up found locally.

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Possession of stolen property is not a crime in Texas.

Since this is the OPs first post and has such little info, well..........color me skeptical

Oop, my bad. You're right, it isn't a crime. Hmm, that tangants off to some other questions now...but that's a different story

Re: skeptical - you're not the only one who's spidey sense tingled at this post. I'll patiently wait to hear more info

laneman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Duncanville
    Stolen Property list

Not sure I want to post serial #s yet.Property was stolen in Coryell County.CS Sheriffs Dept is handling the case.I picked up the SKS from the Cleburne PD.today.As far as I know , no arrest was made & no other guns confiscated.

Missing Gun List:
    DESCRIPTION
    Remington Mod 742 Woodsmaster 243 cal. With Bushnell 3x9 Stalker scope
    Marlin Bicentennial Mod 336 30-30(purchased new @ 1971 Rust pitting on receiver & barrel)
    Marlin Mod 336 35 Remington with Tru Dot Scope
    Remington Mod 870 Wingmaster 16 ga (Plain barrel with rust pitting purchased new @1971)
    Remington Mod 870 Express 12 ga (vent rib with tru glo sights)
    Remington Mod 1100 12 ga (vent rib manufacture @ 1979)
    Remington 1100LW 20 ga (vent rib)
    Remington 1100 12 ga (vent rib, Brown laminated stock)
    Beretta A300 12 ga (Tactical light mounted)
    Marlin ML50 cal,Stainless
    Norinco SKS 7.62x39 cal with Leapers 6x Scope ; * Recovered.
    Ruger Mark II Mod 77 7mm Magnum with Tasco 6x24 scope(Stainless with black synthetic stock & black scope)
    Rossi Puma 357 Lever Action Mod 92 (Front sight painted red)
    Remington Mod 34 22 bolt action (Stock broken repaired with screws)
    Also taken:
    Coleman Cordless tool kit (Skill Saw, drill & sawzall) in case w/o battery charger.

Paslode cordless framing nail Gun in Orange new in case.

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Laneman,

If you do want to post serial numbers here, that's fine. Are they entered into NCIC? If so, then I'll catch them when I do my rounds.

laneman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Duncanville
    Yes

Yes they are.Just wondering if #s are checked when the item is pawned or at the sale? I still have a lot more questions to be answered from the person that had my gun.Also ATF # at the bottom of Texas Gun Trader is no good.

Robert

pawncop

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    TEXAS
    Robert,

Pawn shops and FFL gun dealers do not have access to NCIC and they cannot check the stolen status of any gun they take in. If the gun is pawned in a city that does not work their pawn shops as we do here (some do not have the manpower), then the gun will not be checked.

That is why this board is such a great service to spread the word and the serial numbers so more folks can be on the lookout.

Rage

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    What? Pawn shops don't have to check or log serial numbers in anywhere? I have bad info from sheriff dept then - crap now I feel worse than before. But hell we have a real good idea who took them and no action has been taken!

WARHAWK357

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Damn guy they got a lot of hardware sorry to hear it. If you ever post the #'s I'll email them to my dad he's a former cop and like's to hit pawn shops when he goes through random town's and I'll have him on the look out. I'm still hoping my mossberge 12 gauge and marlin 30-30 and engagement ring turn up. Best of luck sir.

Top Bottom