Join TexasGunTalk

Stolen Sig P238 Black Pearl

Discussion in 'Stolen Property & Criminality' started by tireless, Sep 5, 2016.

1. tireless

tireless New Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Crosby
    Sig P238-380-ESB sn27B120160 stolen in a vehicle burglary in Crosby, TX. It's all black with engraved slide and faux black pearl grips.

2. BiggTexx

BiggTexx New Member

Sep 8, 2016
    Have you called the pawn shops in the area yet?

Circle Pawn on 2100
    Rainbow Jewelry and Loan in Highlands
    Fiesta Pawn and Cash America Pawn in Baytown

3. A & P Armory

A & P Armory Active Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Tomball/Magnolia
    Here's the real crappy part of it. You'd think, especially with this Doofus POTUS, they'd make it easier on FFLs to check for stolen/illegal guns. Did you know there is no consolidated way for FFLs or pawn shops to check??? Now, some might not care, but if the government would provide a platform to report stolen guns and require the stores to check first or be liable (and, alternatively, help solve crimes), it might reduce the availability of stolen guns. At least, they'd have to sell them privately. And if they made the registry open to anyone, then even a private buyer could check to see if a gun was stolen. Of course, the scratched off serial number might be a clue....

Tanked84 likes this.
  4. tireless

tireless New Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Crosby
    Update, my pistol was found in Jackson, Mississippi when someone tried to sell it at a gun show. A guy tried to sell it and the buyer checked the serial number which showed up as stolen.

TexasEric likes this.
  5. skfullen

skfullen In the woods... TGT Supporter

Really glad it was found. I hope you get it back soon and that the thief is prosecuted.

6. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Good deal!

7. Kar98

Kar98 Well-Known

Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    So you're saying I should record my serial numbers?

8. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If by chance any of your guns are stolen, they will probably ask for serial numbers and possibly make it easier to track down when reported, so yes, I would think that's a good idea.
    I would go further in stating that anything valuable that has a serial number, it would be a good idea to have the number recorded somewhere safe.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  9. V-Tach

V-Tach TGT Addict Forum Sponsor

Sep 30, 2012
    Rockport
    One of our customers got his gun back after it being stolen from their home.....5 years later..........I just did a transfer on a gun that was returned to the owner after 3 years from the Shreveport PD..........

But it still amazes me how many gun owners don't have all their serial numbers written down somewhere....

10. txinvestigator

txinvestigator TGT Addict

May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    There is a platform, a national one. It is called NCIC. It is a LE database.

Aren't pawn shops required to submit serial numbers to the local PD?