• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I would strongly discourage anyone from posting a DD214 (theirs or someone else's) on this forum (or anywhere else), as they do contain PII...

Release of information is subject to restrictions imposed by the military services consistent with Department of Defense regulations and the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and the Privacy Act of 1974. The service member (either past or present) or the member's legal guardian has access to almost any information contained in that member's own record. Others requesting information from military personnel/health records must have the release authorization in Section III of the SF 180 signed by the member or legal guardian, but if the appropriate signature cannot be obtained, only limited types of information can be provided. If the former member is deceased, surviving next of kin may, under certain circumstances, be entitled to greater access to a deceased veteran's records than a member of the public. The next of kin may be any of the following: unremarried surviving spouse, father, mother, son, daughter, sister, or brother. Employers and others needing proof of military service are expected to accept the information shown on documents issued by the military service departments at the time a service member is separated.

DD214s are commonly used for identity theft. More here on what's releasable and what's not...

http://thisainthell.us/blog/?p=39532

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    Before with all of his high speed credentials and after he fixed them. I never said I was going to post a dd214.

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk
    I'm with Max and Cam on this one
    That's is one important paper for sure!

His girlfriend sent it to me to see to decipher for her.

If anyone wants to see details email me at goldjumper77@gmail, I can't figure out how to post a screen shot lol
    With the sequence of those posts and them all being back to back, I thought you were talking about his dd214 as well. Yea, you could say we were assuming all you want...but we were just going by what was on the screen in front of us.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    As a side note, I think you should almost have enough posts to show pics & sell stuff now, lol....

ETA: I think it's 25.

STXdevilsquid

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Live Oak
    I think mine is missing some of that. I'm gonna have to go talk to the VA and see if they can help me out. I have pics from over there, a nice appreciation letter from my command, and the t-shirt to back it up ;). My dd214 is at work right now. I'm gonna look it up tomorrow and make a phone call if I can figure out who to call. They had me look it over real good when I was getting out, but I didn't know to look for some of that.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk
    Hard to get VA to update that stuff, might have to go back to old command.

For others make sure it is all on there before signing it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Shotgun Jeremy

Spelling Bee Champeon
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Central Texas
    My old command shut down a few years back. My main/longest station was always horrible at paperwork. Ehhh....They got 99% of it right, so I'll just have to deal with it. The VA does me pretty decent and I know what I did, so I guess that'll have to do.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

99taws6

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2015
    Make sure if you are missing things on a dd 214 you are looking at the right copy of the 214. There are different copy numbers that contain different information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom