• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Sorry to hear about your misfortune. How did they even know there was a gun in your vehicle?

They don’t, but Ford F-150s are super easy to break into via the driver door. Takes about 2 seconds, then go straight for the console b/c it’s the most common place for a gun to be stored. Jimmy jammerz makes a steel plate and cylinder plug that can prevent these types of lock-pops from occurring.

I used to believe in console vaults, but they can also be easily defeated. I don’t leave jack-shit in a vehicle any more, even with the jimmy jammerz.

I’ve also been pretty much ignoring 30.06/30.07 in the cities. If there’s a metal detector, I don’t need to be in that place.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    They don’t, but Ford F-150s are super easy to break into via the driver door. Takes about 2 seconds, then go straight for the console b/c it’s the most common place for a gun to be stored. Jimmy jammerz makes a steel plate and cylinder plug that can prevent these types of lock-pops from occurring.

I used to believe in console vaults, but they can also be easily defeated. I don’t leave jack-shit in a vehicle any more, even with the jimmy jammerz.

I’ve also been pretty much ignoring 30.06/30.07 in the cities. If there’s a metal detector, I don’t need to be in that place.
    This

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Behind the back seat, on newer f150s, is a good hiding spot. Put your safe there.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    How did they even know there was a gun in your vehicle?

You would be surprised at the indicators people don't realize they are showing. As mentioned, there are some very obvious clues as to a person disarming themselves and locking a weapon in their vehicle. I've seen it several times in parking lots, the post office being one of the worst locations (plus, under postal regulations which are Federal law, simply having a firearm on the property is an offense under Title 39, Code of Federal Regulations, Section 232.1.).

This is why I advocate if you are going to leave a weapon in your vehicle, secure it before you get to the parking lot!

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Springfield XDS .45 3.3 Bitone. Had the green fiber optic in the front sight with all black inside the waistband holster from bear creek.

S/N XS554562

Went to Sea World San Antonio parked. Locked it up in the safe mounted in my truck console.
    Came out and truck honked when I unlocked it which means the alarm had been going off.
    Wife saw the consoleme in her seat and new something was up. Opened the console and saw the safe missing.

Found the drivers door handle cylinder rotated and no damage to the door. They had to spend some time in there to get the safe out. When I installed it I took the console apart and used wire cable and crimps to secure it to the seat track with no slack. With how they popped the door lock this didn’t look like smash and grab kids.

San Antonio police took the report and it was added I email the detective the serial number today to add to the data base.

I’m mad because I’ve been so diligent to secure it. Sa police said was the second or 3rd reported break in on Sunday.

IF "SeaWorld" didn't have a "no guns allowed" policy, you'd have most likely been carrying it. The Cops complain about folks leaving guns in vehicles, but force us to do that with all those idiotic gun free zones !

leVieux

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    IF "SeaWorld" didn't have a "no guns allowed" policy, you'd have most likely been carrying it. The Cops complain about folks leaving guns in vehicles, but force us to do that with all those idiotic gun free zones !

leVieux

Sorry, but that is totally incorrect. The cops aren't forcing anyone to go un-armed. This is a company policy by SeaWorld.

It's not like anyone is forced, or obligated to attend any amusement park. They have a "No Guns" policy on their property, and regardless of whether we like it or not, it is their right as property owners to set such policy. We as customers have to decide if we want to attend the amusement park under those conditions.

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    Sorry, but that is totally incorrect. The cops aren't forcing anyone to go un-armed. This is a company policy by SeaWorld.

It's not like anyone is forced, or obligated to attend any amusement park. They have a "No Guns" policy on their property, and regardless of whether we like it or not, it is their right as property owners to set such policy. We as customers have to decide if we want to attend the amusement park under those conditions.

Cant honestly think of ANY conditions that would have me at an amusement park.

Went to SW around 1987 havent been back since.

Fiesta Texas 2x since opened.
    Despised it both times.

Nevah again.

Lots better ways to spend my time and many better ways to entertain the family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bjl95mustang

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin, Texas
    my question also
    Still have yet to find the gun. I check all the main sales sites once in a while.

And to the last post I missed. I have no idea. From what SAPD told me they get a lot there. They just hit the areas in the morning after there is no more foot traffic in a parking zone since everyone is in the park.

SAPD said Sea World security is pretty terrible for the parking lot. Not dogging people but in my line of work I see a lot of current and former meth users and they fit into that category.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom