• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    MODS - if there's already a thread on this, kindly merge. :)

Ban on marijuana users owning guns is unconstitutional, U.S. judge rules

"U.S. District Judge Patrick Wyrick, an appointee of former Republican President Donald Trump in Oklahoma City, on Friday dismissed an indictment against a man charged in August with violating that ban, saying it infringed his right to bear arms under the U.S. Constitution's Second Amendment.

Wyrick said that while the government can protect the public from dangerous people possessing guns, it could not argue Jared Harrison's "mere status as a user of marijuana justifies stripping him of his fundamental right to possess a firearm."

and - "The mere use of marijuana carries none of the characteristics that the Nation's history and tradition of firearms regulation supports," Wyrick wrote.

Go Bruen :)
    Gun Zone Deals

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    So are they going to have to rewite the 4473 district by district?
    There have been federal marijuana tax stamp, I believe some states are issuing new stamps.
    il_1140xN.2543163463_29vw-3866521906.jpeg

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Jokes aside the real battle is removing it from the controlled substance list. I have no dog in the fight. I don’t care. It’s easy to argue for and against it.

But it’s kind of a worthless argument. People will always do stupid or disrespectful things. Really, alcohol causes more damage to lives than weed.

Nicholst55

Retired, Twice.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2021
    Houston Area
    Jokes aside the real battle is removing it from the controlled substance list. I have no dog in the fight. I don’t care. It’s easy to argue for and against it.

But it’s kind of a worthless argument. People will always do stupid or disrespectful things. Really, alcohol causes more damage to lives than weed.

Heard about any moonshiners leaving severed human heads in bags outside anyone's door recently? Can't say the same about the cartels.

MountainGirl

Never underestimate the abilities of an old woman.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Do the cartels even traffic in weed anymore?
    I thought they had moved on from that.....

Reactions: gll

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Heard about any moonshiners leaving severed human heads in bags outside anyone's door recently? Can't say the same about the cartels.
    You skipped a lot of everyday reasons why alcohol is more destructive than weed and took the conversation in a direction you wanted.

Do the cartels even traffic in weed anymore?
    They do.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Thanks, wasn't aware.
    (Everyone back up on the mountain just grows their own or buys it retail)
    Even people who deal or use weed can be a pos. Ask our neighbors kid who’s got a warrant and in hiding.

In theory I believe by making something legal it takes the market away from criminals. I would never support making hard drugs legal though. It’s fact they alter brain function. Why weed should be more classed with booze for its temporary yet long term addiction so similar to booze. Yet booze is perfectly fine.

Sorry to use your post in a rant lol.

Booze being legal while weed isn’t, isn’t logical when we have drunk drivers taking people or families out. It isn’t logical when a person becomes a functional alcoholic and pushes everyone around them away. It isn’t logical when a spouse gets beat. These everyday things happen. So In all actuality cell phones are more dangerous than weed. It would almost be very offensive if someone suggested everyday people kill more innocents than cartels because of shitty choices on the road.

Top Bottom