• SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Crap, I do have somewhere to be on Sunday, but I'll still see if there is any way I can work in some time for I and maybe Alan (if he's not busy) to make it out there and get some pics. I've driven past it before recently, and the place looks nice.

DJGeorge

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2011
    Wimberley
    The place is great. The depot makes such a great venue, especially since they have some western & WWII era guns for sale. They do have a good variety from old to new. They are still working on their inventory but if you don't see what you're looking for, just ask.

I bought a used Feather Industries .22 as a surprise for my son's 18th birthday which was a few weeks out. I asked Charlie (the owner) to hold the purchase in his safe until my son was 18 and could do the transfer himself. We stopped in a few times before we picked it up to see if anything new had come in and when my son asked about the .22, they played along and told him it was sold and waiting to be picked up. Even let him look at again... When we finally went back to pick it up, I let them know and they had it back out on the shelf with a big "Happy Birthday" tag on it. It was awesome.

JoeyZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    I stopped in there the other day, It's right down the road from my house, But I had no idea it was there untill a co-worker told me about it. Nice shop and the owner is a really nice guy. He said he could order me some .38 S&W ammo for my old Enfield. I will definately be back.

M4Dogg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    It's right down the road from me too, but I have yet to work up a good excuse to stop in there. Maybe he has ammo I can buy?? It just doesn't look like a place for me, lots of old 1911 type guns and such, of which I have little interest in (but still respect in their own regard). Does he have any stuff for rifles or shotguns??

I agree on the venue/location... That little section has really been redeveloped and has come along NICELY. It looks amazing from the outside. I know Storied used to be be further down the road across from Thirsty Planet brewing company and just has recently moved into that new building...

jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    I stopped by today and everyone was really friendly and helpful. In fact, I am probably about to haul a bunch of my older stuff up there today and see what kind of value they have. They have a lot of really cool historic pieces as well a good selection of pistols. I didn't get a chance to check it as much as I would have liked, wife was with me, but I will follow up. If you are looking for reasonably priced western antiques, I suggest you check this place out.

jgalvanatx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2011
    Austin, TX
    That was probably one of the best trips to the gun store I've ever had and trust me there have been plenty. I learned a lot about some of my inherited guns. They really know their stuff and super nice and patient. I highly recommend checking this place out and will probably make a purchase and/or there.

They looked over 4 guns for me and I thought I had a good handle on what they were and approximate value. They were able to tell me more than I expected. I always liked these guns, but now I am going to take extra special care of them.

JoeyZ

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    His selection is getting better and he's adding classes. Nicest gun store owner I've ever come across. I've bought 2 guns from him so far.

Top Bottom